Intel I7 3770K
    Samsung 830 SSD 256 GB
    2) WD Black 2 TB HD in raid0
    Corsair AX850 PSU
    Coolmaster 612 CPU Cooler
    GSkill F3-14900CL9D- 8GBSR
    Bios V 1.6

My Question is
    On the ASRock web site it Lists for my MOBO that this memory is compatable.
    On your web sight there is only ram stick that is on the Qualified Motherboard list
    the [ TridentX ] F3-2666C11D-16GTXD.
    I can't find anywhere in stock.

When I first installed the ram GSkill F3-14900CL9D- 8GBSR in my new system.
    it showed 1600 and had to manually set it to the rated 1866 with the correct timings and voltage.
    Tne Egg is where I purchased the set up that I currenty have.
    Now the Ram is on sale and would like to purchase another pair of the same.
    Will this ram work and will I be able to overclock it to 2133?
    Or do I wait till the Trident is in stock.

Don't worry if somethings on the QVL or not, when they 'test' DRAM it's done at the mobo default of 1333 or 1600 so it doesn't really mean much with faster DRAM (see my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

With your combo, you should be able to run 2600 to 2800 without much trouble, in fact, if the BIOS is ready and good, should be nothing more than enable XMP, select profile 1 and go. Unfortunately, very few mobos are really ready and up to speed for 8GB sticks.

If you try adding an additional set, be warned that mixing sets, even of the same model can be problematic. They will have to be set up manually and will normally require adjusting voltages also (DRAM< VTT and maybe VCCSA) so a single set would prob be best.

In your case, I think you'd prob be able to add another set of your current DRAM as 1866 generally isn't that hard (the higher the freq, the more difficult it can be), so if you want to try adding a set, if needed I'll be around to help , or you can wait and get a single set at the preferred freq

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank You for the quick reply.
      Placed my order on the egg.
      will post back as soon as they are installed.
      Thanks Again

Comment

I'll be here, am in and out every day

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X