Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GSKILL F4-4000C18-32 x2 can't get overclock working with ryzen 5950x.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSKILL F4-4000C18-32 x2 can't get overclock working with ryzen 5950x.

Hello everyone, was hoping for some insight on how to get this overclock working. With AMD cpu's apparently DOCP and not XMP needs to be used in the bios to accomplish this. The RAM is rated at 4000, so I chose docp, chose the listed 4000 settings, kept everything else on auto, and after saving the bios, the system insta turned off, powered back on for 3 seconds, insta shut down again, and repeated that 2 more times before finally kicking me back to the bios.

I don't want to wreck this new system I have, so I am curious what you all think and how I might be able to get this working.

Many thanks!

ocftw

What motherboard do you have? Are you using the latest BIOS? Do you have modules in A2 B2 slots?

With DOCP enabled, try a lower DRAM Frequency to see what can work properly.

Comment

Hello, the motherboard is ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA, and I have the 2 sticks of RAM in the 1 and 3 slot, 1 being closest to the CPU. BIOS is updated. I will try to choose a lower frequency, but is there a document that exists for best practice with this ram? Be it using DOCP or a manual method? Many thanks for the reply!

Comment

Try slot 2 and 4, these are the initial slots so they should perform much better.

Comment

Working...
        X