Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill memory compatible with WRX80 + Chagall Pro

Dear G.Skill members.

I made a plan to build a Threadripper PC for my research such as ananlytic calculations and numerical evaluations concerned with high energy theoretical physics.

Parts currently available to me are 5995WX, ASUS WRX80 motherboard and etc.

I've tried to find out what memory kits except JEDEC 3200 ECC is compatible with Chagall Pro on WRX80 motherboards

and my finding is a few youtube timelapse building videos by using WRX80 motherboard + Castle Peak Pro.

I also tried to see QVL's of motherboard vendors and G.Skill - I love G.Skill RAM and do not consider any other DDR4 vendors -

and, up to now, only ASRock supplys QVL for the combination of its new WRX80 motherboard and Chagall Pro but with the old DDR4.

On the other hand, G.Skill QVL seems not to contain any information about it.

So my question is :

Can octuple memory kits in G.Skill QVL compatible with TRX40 also work well in the WRX80 system?

If answer is NOT, then I think that manual memory overclocking be the only answer. Then, is there any good solution to my situation?

Thank you for reading.

Here is a 256GB kit that should work:

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-256gb...quicklink=true

Comment

I appreciate your answer with all my heart.

I was not patient enough to wait for a good answer or suggestion and already oerdered F4-3600C14Q2-128GTRGA at Newegg.

After seeing your suggestion, I regretted it. T_T

But I believe that there still be a chance to cancel the order because the order is in the preparing stage.

Is it better for me to cancel the octuple kit 3600 CL14 128GB and order a octuple kit 3600 CL18 256GB?

Here is my story T_T :

Since some of my workloards consumes 99.4% on average,

I originally spent days agonizing over either F4-3600C16Q2-256GTRS or F4-3600C18Q2-256GTRS.

But I thought a different approach for finding out memory kits compatible WRX80+Chagall Pro.

If there did not exist an available QVL, then manual OC might be an alternative solution.

So I choosed the octuple 3600C14Q2-128GTRGA, which was the only G.Skill Royal kit available at Newegg at that time.

Thank you again for your kind reading and reply in advance.
      Last edited by namth; 08-16-2022, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X