F4-3600C19S-8GVRB not fully stable at 3600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3600C19S-8GVRB not fully stable at 3600

I don't have any knowledge in OC the PC. All I need is just a stable PC on basic settings. Problem is: PC runs smooth, but crashes on resume from hibernation (once out of every 3-4 times) with this error: The disk subsystem returned corrupt data while reading from the hibernation file.

I have a Ryzen 5600x on a MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI MoBo (BIOS is v 7C37v1E) and 16GB (2x8GB) RAM of G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (model no. F4-3600C19S-8GVRB).

After trying ALL other methods of troubleshooting/testing, I disabled A-XMP on my mobo and the problem was fixed, but the RAM is now running quite slowly at 2133Mhz instead of the advertised speed of 3600Mhz.

I have 2 options in A-XMP profiles, but both show the same 3600 speed only.

I also checked the RAM compatibility list of the MoBo , although there are many similar models from the same company listed in the compatibility list, but this exact specific model isn't listed.. but I doubt if that can't be resolved with the right DRAM settings used.
    RAM compatibility list for my MoBo is here : MSI Global - The Leading Brand in High-end Gaming & Professional Creation

I tried using the DRAM Calculator (alongwith Taiphoon burner as input for the required info) but even at the safest settings at 3600, the PC failed to boot.

RAM info: F4-3600C19S-8GVRB-G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd.

DRAM calculator settings that I tried screenshot: rec-from-dram-calc

I just need the right RAM settings for my MoBo to run this RAM safely at or near 3600 and be 100% stable on my PC, the A-XMP profile mode included in my mobo isn't good enough to run this RAM fully stable at the advertised speeds.

Thanks for any help, greatly appreciated.

Do you have two modules or one? You mention 2 x 8GB but the memory model is of a single 8GB.

Have you tried a lower DRAM Frequency with A-XMP enabled to see if it can work better? Try DDR4-3400 or 3200 with A-XMP enabled.

Are you using the second slot away from the CPU?

Comment

I have 2 modules of 8GB each.

They are placed away from the CPU with one slot empty in between.

There 2 A-XMP profiles shown - 1 & 2 .. but both show 3600 speed and the same 4 types of DRAM timing settings.

There is a feature apart from A-XMP which is called 'Memory try it!' in my MSI MoBo which has many different speeds listed and about 4 different DRAM timing settings for each of those listed speeds, in which I once tried the next speed lower than 3600 but PC just failed to boot after that and I had to clear the BIOS using a jumper.

More details about 'Memory try it!' can be found here: https://www.msi.com/blog/memory-force

There isn't any problem with the RAM as I have tested it with Memtest and the BSOD crashes on resume from hibernation have stopped since A-XMP was disabled and the PC is rock steady now.
      Last edited by Ahmed79; 06-24-2021, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I have posted the screenshots from my own BIOS below.

1. Shows that the 2 A-XMP profiles are both the same with same timings.

2. Shows the various settings shown in the 'Memory try it!' in my BIOS.

3. The full info of my RAM just FYI taken from Taiphoon burner, its a html file put into a zip.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ahmed79; 06-24-2021, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Do not use Memory try it.

Load BIOS defaults, enable XMP, manually set DRAM Frequency to a lower value such as DDR4-3200 and see if that can boot and run smoothly.

Comment

Okay, I have enabled A-XMP with profile 1 and set the DRAM frequency at DDR4-3200 (screenshot attached of the new changes in BIOS) and managed to reboot the PC in the first try itself.

Can you please confirm from the CPU-Z screenshots as to whether the RAM is now at 3200 speed?

Thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes, Memory tab shows live values, DRAM Frequency 1599.6 * 2 = DDR4-3199.2 CL 20-20-20-40 AMD prefers even timing so gear down mode setting is likely rounding that up.

Check CPU SoC Voltage, then you can try for DDR4-3400, or stay at DDR4-3200 and lower timings to optimize performance. Increasing DRAM Voltage can also increase DRAM capability so you have options to fine tune and see what performs best for the system.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help, my system is running stable again since I changed the DRAM speed settings as you advised.. and very glad that its stable at a much higher speed of 3200 instead of the previous speed of 2133 .

I shall check the CPU SoC Voltage and report back here so you can advise me as to how exactly to go towards achieving a stable 3400, I am okay if the timings aren't very low/tight.
                I just want a stable system at 3400 speed and I'll be quite satisfied with that.

Edit: I have attached the pics from the BIOS showing the current CPU SoC Voltage and other settings. Plz kindly advise as to what specific changes need to be done to reach a stable 3400 speed.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Ahmed79; 06-29-2021, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X