• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my F4-3600C18Q

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well and safe.

I need some help with these RAM.

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-64gb-...82E16820232869

This build was my first ever so when it booted up the first time and ran butter smooth, I was quite happy.

I use this machine to do 3D work and GPU rendering in Cinema 4D and Houdini, I play bannerlord II sometimes but that's about it. So, 90% of the time, this machine is for work, not games.

One day I was checking task manager and saw that my memory was running 2133, I started googling and found out that I have to use DOCP thing on my motherboard. I have Rog Strix x570-e gaming, by the way.

So I go into bios and turn on DOCP and change to 3600 and FLK to 1800 and everything else in AUTO, it booted into Windows but in like 5 minutes, it had to restart because windows detected something. Hmm..so I google a little more and use DRAM checker thing and manually typed in timing according to that checker.

Then it won't even post, I had to clear CMOS to take the BIOS to where it was before, and being the first time builder, that experience was quite horrible lol

Honestly, I don't care if it runs at 2133 because it's pretty damn fast already but I'd still like to get what I paid for or...would I even benefit from my RAM running at 3600 if I'm not a gamer?

I don't know if it matters but this is what I have in my machine.

3900X
    2080TI
    2 x Samsung m.2 drives(1TB each)
    1 SSD(2TB)
    750 Evga PSU
    ASUS Rog strix x-570e gaming

If anyone has identical set up, would you please let me know how to set my RAM up?

I realize how lengthy this post is lol Sorry!

Working...
X