New build problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build problems

I've been pulling my hair out for the past two days trying to figure out what is going on with my new build. The latest BIOS (5204) was completely unstable and I couldn't run the ram at any speed other than 2133. I was able to install win10 and I've had a few random crashes and lockups but mainly the problems seem to be with system restarts. I am currently running on BIOS 5007, have the ram at 3733mhz, but it was a royal pain in the *** to get there. The DOCP setting was totally unstable and any OS restart was hit and miss if it would actually start again or require a CMOS reset. Once I figured out DOCP was not gonna work I started trying to adjust the memory speed manually and soon found out that any big jump in speed setting would cause a crash and cmos reset. To get to 3733mhz I had to start at 2133 and bump up the speed one setting at a time, then boot into the OS and run a quick 5 minute test with OCCT. When it passed I would reboot and bump up to the next speed then back into windows and test again. Wash, rinse, repeat for every setting up to 3733mhz. If I tried to increase from 2133 to 3200 or any other large jumps the BIOS would lock up and I would be forced to clear the CMOS and start over. I've been running at 3733mhz for about 24 hours now and have done a 2 hour test with OCCT and ran a full memtest and both passed with no errors. However, I am still having random boot issues, mainly on restarts from the OS. Sometimes it will boot fine, other times the case fans and leds will be on but the cpu cooler fan is off and it won't boot. Some restarts it will start and shut off 2 or 3 times and then load the OS, and other times the system just sits dead with no fans or lights at all. I'm not sure what the problem is, my ram kit is listed on the QVL for 3rd gen Ryzen so its supposed to be compatible. Any ideas?

System specs - Asus Strix X470-F Gaming, Ryzen 3700X, GSkill Trident Z Royal F4-3600C16D-16GTRS, Samsung 970 Evo Plus, GTX 1080Ti FE,
    Components
    CPU - Ryzen 1700X
    Mobo - Asus CH6
    Ram - G-Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics - 1080Ti FE
    SSD - 960 Evo 512GB
    HDD - WD Black 6TB
    Case - Enthoo Luxe

Anyone know what a safe voltage setting is for my ram kit? The ryzen timings calculator is recommending 1.44V.
    Components
    CPU - Ryzen 1700X
    Mobo - Asus CH6
    Ram - G-Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics - 1080Ti FE
    SSD - 960 Evo 512GB
    HDD - WD Black 6TB
    Case - Enthoo Luxe

Comment

That is fine, DDR4 RAM can support 1.50V as long as the memory can utilize the added Voltage. Problem only occurs when it needs to regulate overly excessive Voltage.

Comment

Working...
      X