F4-4266C17D-16GVKB - Using two kits on z390, Dimms won't scale past 1.5v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-4266C17D-16GVKB - Using two kits on z390, Dimms won't scale past 1.5v

Hello. I'm hoping to get some guidance here.
    I'm currently using two kits of F4-4266C17D-16GVKB on z390 platform in 4x8gb configuration. I've managed to get them karhu/hci/LinX 0.9.10 stable at c16-4300 1.5v/vdimm. For some reason they will not scale at all beyond 1.5v/vdimm no matter the timings or the frequency. They can boot/train plenty of configurations beyond 1.5v but nothing will past the stress tests. My old c17/4000 kit was stable in 4x8gb configuration to 1.56v/vdimm. Ideally i'd like to get c16-4400 or c15-4300. I've tried increasing sa/io voltages and vdimm up to 1.56v on these 4266 dimms but no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It may be a limitation with the two separate kits; also your CPU and/or motherboard/chip set may not be capable. Test with one module or kit at a time to see what you can achieve; the results can provide more insight to where the limitations may be.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      It may be a limitation with the two separate kits; also your CPU and/or motherboard/chip set may not be capable. Test with one module or kit at a time to see what you can achieve; the results can provide more insight to where the limitations may be.
      I have already had the two sets of dimms at 1.55v c16-flat with tightened sub timings in linx 0.9.10 stable all matching residuals, hci stable and aida 64 simultaneous cache+memory test stable in the past. Now it doesn't work. I have plenty of active cooling in the environment so i know temperatures aren't an issue. The chip/motherboard/chipset are fully capable as I have done it before in the past, I even have proof and can post it if required. The CPU's IMC is golden. What is the issue? Why aren't these dimms scaling above 1.5v anymore?

Comment

Test each module individually to see if all have the same maximum results. If the RAM is consistent then the issue may be elsewhere.

Comment

Ok maybe i'm not effectively communicating the issue here. Let me be thorough here just to make sure i am communicating everything properly on my part. Everything was already tested. All 4 dimms did 16-16-16-34-2T @ 4400mhz 1.55v/vdimm with tight sub timings. Now they won't scale at all above 1.5v regardless of the frequency or timings chosen.

I've tried the following:
          Full bios re flash several times
          Full windows reinstall with full drive wipe cleaning all partitions several times
          Re-seating and cleaning the contact points on the dimms, multiple times
          Re-seating and repasting the CPU multiple times
          Re-seating the block to ensure proper contact 3 times

In 4x8gb configuration both sets of these dimms were stable at the above mentioned timings/voltage in latest LinX(avx2), HCImemtest paid and aida64 simultaneous memory test/cache test(avx2) with temperatures peaking at 47c-48c while under 90% load(about 29gb out of 32gb under load) in the tests without any errors. The cpu overclock used was validated prior to overclocking the dimms to rule out the possibility of an unstable cpu.

It's not a question of my cpu/imc/motherboard.

The dimms are no longer scaling above 1.5v at previously validated timings. I made sure to do all proper troubleshooting/testing before posting here.

Comment

No problem, if you feel it is a limitation with DRAM, like they have degraded over time, send them in for RMA to see if replacements can work better.

https://www.gskill.com/rma

Comment

Working...
            X