DDR4 F4-3200C16D-16GTZB unstable at 3200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR4 F4-3200C16D-16GTZB unstable at 3200

Hello guys, it's an honor to be a G.Skill owner and have used G.Skill in my builds for over 5 years. But it was time to upgrade to the best of the best....DDR4

O.k My specs are in my signature below for quick glance by anyone that needs to look.

My issue is as follows : I purchased this ram for my Z170A XPower Gaming Titanium Edition Motherboard from the approved list of ram for this board for starters

I know the processor is only guaranteed up to 2133 of which I understand which is why I bought a overclock mother board and overclock ram

For the love of God I can't get these sticks to be stable at the said 3200MHz it is rated. With XMP Enabled or Disabled with manual timings of 16-18-18-38. I have tried every slot conceivable to get a stable memtest and stable OS with no luck. I can boot into windows with everything working fine and cpu-z picking up all settings.

First tried in slot 2&4 as stated by common knowledge of dual channel memory placement and then 1&3 which is the only channels that will register as duel obviously with increases in SA and IO with no stable luck.

Tried 1&2 got errors on memtest and then finally 3&4 and got a clean bill of health on 3&4 slots with no errors and all ram registering and seen but in Single Mode and not duel of course.

I have come to the conclusion that this memory will not overclock in this board by the knowledge that I have and could use some ideas.

At the moment I have Team Dark 2400MHz as my back up ram I purchased just in case I had issues with the 3200 TridentZ The Team Dark's are running just fine even though I had to do an auto overclock of 4.2 to get them to pass memtest and pass they did with flying colors 4 hours later. So system stable in prime95 also with Team Dark 2400

????? Help Please, I love me some TridentZ
    FatalError-LRE

Mobo : MSI Z170A XPower Gaming Titanium Edition Bios Version 1.8 latest

Processor : Intel 6700k

GPU : EVGA 980Ti Hybrid

Ram : TridentZ 3200MHz 16GB 2x8GB sticks dual channel

Case : Corsair Air 540 grey

CPU Cooler : Corsair H115i liquid cooler

PSU : Cooler Master 850Watt Hybrid Pro

Mouse : Zowie ZA12 edition

Keyboard : Corsair K70 With Blue Swithches

Mouse Pad : Zowie SR Clothe Mat

Try one module at a time to see if it can work properly with XMP enabled.

2 & 4 are the initial slots so that's where they should work flawlessly. If the other RAM works fine, it may be an issue with RAM. Send them in to see if a new kit works better.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Keep us posted on the results.

Comment

Hi GSKILL TECH Admin, I tried as you stated to get the ram to work separate and nether stick would pass all four tests on memtest. I put in a RMA for a new set. Also in the info problem part I also stated that 2800 would be just as good replacement if possible figure that would be cheaper anyways than the set I purchased. Thanks for your info and time and hope once I get my new set all will be well. I will keep you posted as soon as I get the new set.
      FatalError-LRE

Mobo : MSI Z170A XPower Gaming Titanium Edition Bios Version 1.8 latest

Processor : Intel 6700k

GPU : EVGA 980Ti Hybrid

Ram : TridentZ 3200MHz 16GB 2x8GB sticks dual channel

Case : Corsair Air 540 grey

CPU Cooler : Corsair H115i liquid cooler

PSU : Cooler Master 850Watt Hybrid Pro

Mouse : Zowie ZA12 edition

Keyboard : Corsair K70 With Blue Swithches

Mouse Pad : Zowie SR Clothe Mat

Comment

You don't necessarily need a lower frequency kit, you can set what you currently have to a lower value and see how that works. RAM is rated for 3200, but you can run it at 3000, 2800, 2666, anything you want depending on what you are able to properly set it to

Comment

Working...
        X