Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stabilizing my Trident Z

Hello,

I just recently built a new system. Been overclocking and its almost completely stable but I get a system freeze on occasion. No BSOD but a freeze. I am a novice overclocker but I understand system freezes are generally RAM related? Anyways here are my system specs:
    Asus X99 Deluxe
    5930K@4.6ghz Vcore +.070 offset, 1.28 overclock voltage=1.35volts
    Corsair H110i GTX
    32gb Trident Z 3200mhz
    Corsair Carbide 540D
    Corsair Ax1500i
    EVGA Titan X SLI

Ram is at default timings 16-18-18-38 2T, I have been steadily increasing Ram voltage to try to stop the system freeze, right now it is at 1.38 volts

CPU input voltage is on Auto but reads in the BIOS as 1.904.

I pass stress tests, benchmarks, and game a lot and my temps are great. The only time I get a freeze is if I am at the desktop, watching a video, surfing. Its always doing low CPU usage idle type things. I can game for hours on end with no stability issues. I am only a gamer so that is about as hard as my system gets pushed on a regular basis. No folding, rendering, encoding, etc.

Any suggestions on the freezing issue?

Did you set the System Agent Voltage? That may need to be set properly for DDR4-3200

Comment

Is that the same as CPU input voltage? If so it was set to Auto, which gave me 1.904

Comment

So apparently it isn't the same thing, and it was set to auto. Could that be the issue with my system freezing? It would freeze once or twice a day at the desktop or watching a video. No freezes with benchmarks, games, stress tests. If it is set to auto it automatically ramps that up high enough under stress to be stable. But at the desktop it lowers it self enough because it thinks it doesn't need it. And then my system freezes. Is any of that possible?

Comment

Only one way to find out and that's to give it a shot

Comment

1.15 a good starting point?

Comment

yes indeed

Comment

Working...
              X