Asus M5A97 + FX 4100 + Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus M5A97 + FX 4100 + Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866

Honestly i dont know much (almost nothing ) about overclocking but i was able to set the CPU up to 4.2 Ghz and RAM up to 2145 i dont know if its gonna work and be stable since im still waiting for the cases and SSD. do you have any idea for that setting and if its not a good one so how can i change it to maximize the performance and be stable? thanks and looking forward to your helps

one more thing is that i chose High performance option in the BIOS thats why automatically its up to 4.2ghz but RAM's was only at 15xx (sry i dont remember exactly the number is) and then i went to BIOS again to raise it up to 2145. that was all i did. i didnt touch anything else

Comment

As long as it's stable, that's a good OC for a 4100 and the DRAM, could test it Prime

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I just recognized that my RAMs isnt in the QVL of the mobo. would it be still okay and should i return it and exchange? the thing is that i threw away the box which contains the RAMs... @@

Comment

Should be no problem w/ the Ripjaws X and your combo, the mobo and even DRAM manufaturer's QVLs are rather over rated - in my opinion they would be better off posting a list of DRAM THEY KNOW won't work with a given mobo.....there is just to many sets of DRAM out there and two many mobos to be able to check every possible combo...and then to have to check it again each time a new BIOS is released....and to honest it should actually be checked in combo with each available CPU....just can't be done! Might take a look at my info thread

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

^^ I love that QVL thread. It's easily my favorite post on this forum.

Tuning RAM is the hardest part of overclocking, so you are really jumping straight into the fire with that. The FX platform is very overclockable, so read some guides, and have some fun with it. Just be sure you know how to clear CMOS when you bork it up beyond posting and you'll be all good. Oh, and keep the RAM you already have
            AMD's Official AM3/AM2+/AM2 Performance Tuning Guide

AMD's Official FX AM3+ Performance Tuning Guide

Comment

Working...
            X