Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerpz build

Hello All-

This is my first build and it got pretty expensive but I had a lot of fun researching and getting all the stuff and piecing everything together. Couple things I have learned going through this is that research on what your getting and compatibility is very important. 1 example is the G.Skill Trident Z 4ghz ram that states it can work with the new Z170 chipset and 6th generation of Intel processors. I have an Asus z170 deluxe and a skylake however the max hz of ram my board can run is 3.8ghz.

Anyways, feel free to take a look and tell me what you think. I might want to exchange the ram for the lesser frequency and maybe add 8 more gigs. Overall I am very happy with this build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pCRYaUauxw - pc build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQaztfbGrvk - peripherals

SPECIFICATIONS =
    Intel - 6700K Skylake 4ghz Processor
    Asus - Z170 Deluxe Mother Board
    G.Skill - Trident Z 4ghz DDR4 RAM (8gb)
    EVGA - GeForce Titan X Hybrid 12gb GPU
    Corsair - H110i GT CPU Cooler
    G.Skill - Turbulence III RAM Cooler
    Intel - 750 NVMe PCIe SSD 400gb
    Phanteks - Enthoo Luxe ATX Case
    Phanteks - 2M LED RGB Strip
    Corsair - K70 RGB Mechanical Keyboard
    Corsair - M65 RGB Gaming Mouse
    Steelseries - Siberia V3 Elite
    Acer - XB270HU IPS 2K G-SYNC 144hz Gaming Monitor
    Razer - Firefly RGB Mousepad
    Corsair - RM850 Gold Rated Power Supply

Thank you All!!!

Definitely should consider more than 8GB, I'd say 16GB+ is a good future proof for a system like this.

Comment

i bought 8 more gigs and installed them yesterday, i had the same thinking as you.

my computer detects all of the ram (16gb) however they are running at 2133mhz instead of 4000mhz. I tried to xmp and my comp crashes, i tried manually setting the frequency to 3733mhz (to be safe) with the voltage at 1.35v and it booted up but my monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.. wouldnt start up, then it would restart and say overclocking failed.

i havent even tried to overclock my cpu OR my titan x although both are water cooled. im afraid i will permanently mess something up

Comment

Working...
      X