Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacBook Pro Compatibility / Error Image

Just purchased 8 GB of RAM for my MacBook Pro 13", late 2011 Model:

G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Laptop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-8GBSQ

Put them in today and everything was working fine. Computer was running faster. Then I was watching a YouTube video and all of a sudden weird images appeared on the monitor and an alarm started sounding from the MacBook. I shut down the computer, started it up again, but the same thing happened.

Here's a link to the screenshot.

Advice? Suggestions? I never had this happen before today.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2qm2aki.jpg

Do you have the latest GPU driver for your MAC? Might reseat the sticks and check the driver, your graphics driver shares DRAM with the system and may have had a problem with the new sticks - all check for system updates from Apple

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I just checked for system updates from Apple and I'm updated. As far as having the latest GPU driver for my MBP, that I do not know. How can I figure out if I do?

So you think I should take the RAM out and then re-install them?

Comment

I'd try reinstalling just to be sure they are firmly seated, I don't really work w/ MACs but sounds/looks like something between the GPU and the DRAM....should be able to go to the web and lookup your system and see if it has any updates available for the mainboard, the graphics driver (GPU), or any other system drivers

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Appreciate the advice. I'll let you know how everything turns out.

Comment

I'll be in and out most of the weekend, wish I could help more, but just don't really spend any time w/ MACs

Tman

Comment

No worries. This RAM is Mac compatible, though, right?

Comment

If the one below is the specs for yours, it indicates 4GB max (2x2GB)

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs-13inch.html

Tman

Comment

Doesn't it say: 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 8GB

Mine is a MacBook Pro 13", late 2011 model, 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Comment

Didn't read it right sorry, might try one stick at a time and try running Memtest to see if either has errors, or if the firmware has adjustments you can make check the timing of the sticks and the voltage, might try a small voltage increase to the sticks if you can - Most laptops offer verry little for making adjustments though.

Tman

Comment

Thanks! Appreciate it!

Comment

Sorry couldn't help more or be more specific, just have never really worked with MACs...on occasion and in an emergency is about it

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X