How do I interpret the model number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I interpret the model number?

I purchased the ASUS Rampage III Formula motherboard.

A couple of questions. What is the difference between the F3-16000CL9T-6GBTDD and F3-16000CL9T-6GBRHD? The ASUS Qualified Vendor List only mentions the F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD/-6GBPS which I can't find on Newegg. Does this mean the first two aren't qualified? I don't understand the DD, HD, TD, PS endings on the model numbers.

Help! Just looking to purchase some memory that works with this motherboard!

Tim

the last two are the individual model type - other using example F3-16000CL9T-6GBRHD

F3 - DDR3
    16000 - Speed
    CL9 - CAS Latency in this case 9, else CL8, CL7 etc
    T - Triple or three, S - Single (1 Chip), D - Dual, (2), Q - Quad (4), T2 -3x2 (6 sticks)
    6GB - Total DRAM of set, here 6GB
    RH - Model ID (could be diff models of CL9 sets with diff timings or made w/ diff ICs
    D - Indicates set comes w/ a fan

There's another thread that touches on a few of the differences in model designations the the Ripjaw designations of RL RM RH (Ripjaws Low Medium High) here:
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=3892
    Last edited by Tradesman; 12-02-2010, 09:36 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Compatibility with ASUS Rampage III Formula

Thanks.

Do you know if all of these are compatible and/or qualified for the ASUS Rampage III Formula?

Comment

Believe all should work, it may depend on the CPU how much tweaking, if any is needed, i.e. voltages. The F3-16000CL6T-6GBPID set may be the best bet as it's CL6 and 1.65 rated, since it will allow more leeway for tweaking to meet your needs.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

All triple channel kits will work with this motherboard.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Cpu

Thanks again. Purchased the Intel I7-950.

Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950

Comment

Should be no problem, Enjoy

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X