Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help for my system, windows detected 1,99GB only...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for my system, windows detected 1,99GB only...

hi , i have problems in RIG, there are used MSI P55-GD65 + G.skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBeco. in the system properties shown 2,99GB usable as pictures above. what any problems in my windows, i used windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. pls help. i have modified by MSCONFIG >>boot>> advance>>maximum memory, here i put 4096 . but no result found. thanks

If you have memory hole remapping in BIOS, make sure that is enabled. Try reseating the memory to make sure it is fully inserted.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

thanks bro , problems solved. and also what the fuctions to memory remap ??

Comment

before i used this G.skill module, i used some module with indonesian brand (2gb x 2pcs pc 1333) and then i put in to my system so windows detected full capasity without change options in bios (memory remap). what it caused XMP profile or other ?? pls help.

Comment

It is confusing to explain, but basically some memory is hidden or reserved in the Upper Memory Area MMIO. What memory hole remapping does is rearranges the MMIO memory holes higher into the 64-bit address space, probably way above the maximum RAM you can physically install. This way the system is able to fully locate all of your installed memory as physical RAM. It is not "caused" by anything, but merely the way the system detects physical memory. For this reason, we ask users to always enable this feature.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X