No announcement yet.

G.skill Flare when is it coming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, they will work, but not at specifications. Only the x6 is capable of supporting this high memory specification. A lot of the AMD issues on here are because of the AMD CPUs, so now that this new high spec memory is released, it's another level that Athlon II's especially can't touch. Some Phenom II C3's will get close, but x6 is optimum.

4GB modules will arrive shortly, hopefully within the month.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 06-17-2010, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Yes, they will work, but not at specifications. Only the x6 is capable of supporting this high memory specification. A lot of the AMD issues on here are because of the AMD CPUs, so now that this new high spec memory is released, it's another level that Athlon II's especially can't touch. Some Phenom II C3's will get close, but x6 is optimum.

4GB modules will arrive shortly, hopefully within the month.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH
      Thanks for the info - when you say specifications, do you mean timings, clock speeds, or both?

As a side note - do you have the JEDEC timings for the ram at 1333 and 1600 (The speeds that AthlonII and PhenomII x4 users would most likely see)?

Comment

Both, x4 and 790 chipsets typically have problems with DDR3-1600 CL7. Obviously Athlon II's can't touch DDR3-2000, so it just depends on the hardware.

For JEDEC timings, it's basically all the same. It is not reflective of what the memory is capable of. But the general rule of thumb is 1 clock cycle per 266MHz, so if you purchase DDR3-1800 CL9, you can attempt DDR3-1600 CL8 or DDR3-1333 CL7 and then work your way down.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

msi?

so im guessing itll work with a MSI nf980-G65 MOBO too???

Comment

Sure will. =)

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
              Both, x4 and 790 chipsets typically have problems with DDR3-1600 CL7. Obviously Athlon II's can't touch DDR3-2000, so it just depends on the hardware.

For JEDEC timings, it's basically all the same. It is not reflective of what the memory is capable of. But the general rule of thumb is 1 clock cycle per 266MHz, so if you purchase DDR3-1800 CL9, you can attempt DDR3-1600 CL8 or DDR3-1333 CL7 and then work your way down.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH
              I have F3-14400CL9D-4GBFLS, i tried to test inSFI 790FXB-M3H5 + AMD P II X6 1090T but i have problems to touch specs at labels inside. i just run in 8800MHZ@ 9-9-9-24 with vdim 1,65 v. next, how to give voltage in VID, VNB in this board. and i also run to 8-8-8-24@1.65 volt test with superpi32m but not stable. v-nb and VHTT used 1,4v, vcore is 1,35v. what wrong my setup. pls guide me ,thanks.

Comment

You raised the CPU-NB Voltage? Post up BIOS pictures and we can see what's going on.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

newbe, i have tested this flare in amd 790fx + AMD X6 1090T like this:

pls corections me if any wrong or others.

Comment

Everything look spot on!

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

any news on the 2x4GB flare kit?

Comment

It is all a matter of time. =)

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...