Crosshair IV Formula & Trident 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crosshair IV Formula & Trident 2000

Hello folks.Starting to play with this combo.

Crosshair IV Formula
    G.SKILL Trident 2000 cl9 1.65v
    AMD 1090T on H2O

Just a post to show tridents working on 890FX.

Edge of stabilty tests

Last edited by Stag; 05-04-2010, 04:41 PM.

What's next? Have you tried a higher frequency? Looking very good on the oc, please keep us posted.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Some cl6 results.Just starting.cl9 2100 not a issue.

Comment

Excellent! This is just what I'm looking for. Please post more results if you can, I found the cas 6 settings to be spot-on so far. Thanks much!

*edit. I should mention I'm still running my 965BE, but the 1090T is on the way. Plus, this RAM just looks beautiful with the Crosshair IV. Cheers!
        Last edited by erocker; 05-04-2010, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Many people will be using this specific combination, the ASUS Crosshair IV and the AMD x6's, and results have been great so far so popularity can only grow. Hopefully this thread will follow as well and contain lots of valuable information.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            Many people will be using this specific combination, the ASUS Crosshair IV and the AMD x6's, and results have been great so far so popularity can only grow. Hopefully this thread will follow as well and contain lots of valuable information.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            Looking forward to more company.

cl7 fun.

Comment

Asus QVL for 2000 ram.

CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA

G.SKILL
              F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH(XMP)

G.SKILL
              F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD(XMP)

G.SKILL
              F3-16000CL9T-6GBPS(XMP)

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

Comment

Originally posted by Stag View Post
                Asus QVL for 2000 ram.

CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA

G.SKILL
                F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH(XMP)

G.SKILL
                F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD(XMP)

G.SKILL
                F3-16000CL9T-6GBPS(XMP)

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us
                I noticed that too, though with their latest bios, I can't for the life of me get the sticks to run at 2000mhz. I can get up to 1866mhz fine, but at 2000 I get a bootup loop no matter what I try. I'm hoping it's just my not very good memory controller on my 965.

Comment

Did you try setting DOCP in bios?

On 0801 bios?

2t or 1t for 2000+?

Comment

erocker, do you have the C3 revision CPU? You may need to tweak/increase some voltages to stabilize that frequency. Boot loop means not enough voltage somewhere, possibly memory controller voltage, so try increasing CPU-NB +0.1V, NB Voltage +0.2V, HT Voltage +0.3V, all could help to stabilize.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                      erocker, do you have the C3 revision CPU? You may need to tweak/increase some voltages to stabilize that frequency. Boot loop means not enough voltage somewhere, possibly memory controller voltage, so try increasing CPU-NB +0.1V, NB Voltage +0.2V, HT Voltage +0.3V, all could help to stabilize.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH
                      Yes it's a C3, and you're definitely giving the correct advice here. Unfortunately after checking around on various forums I have a C3 stepping chip that doesn't have a very good memory controller. Running the CPU at 4ghz (1.45v) my memory controller at 2600mhz requires close to 1.4v! I'm going to be trying again for 2000 with the memory controller at 2000mhz and under and it should help, though it will definitely choke the RAM at 2000mhz. I plan on getting a 1090T shortly and I know it will work. Currently running the sticks at 7 8-7-24 1T at 1800mhz and they are performing great.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello, this is my first post in these forums and I'm hoping to learn a lot about the new memory I picked up.

1st off I'm running F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD sticks on a CH4 mobo and x6 1090T processor.

I over clock just for benching but most of the time its running @stock cpu setting's

3.2GHz
                        ht 2208MHz
                        mem-nb 2809MHz
                        memory @ 1600MHz setting's 6-7-6-24-40 1T 1.60V with a 120mm fan blowing onto the memory....*for my piece of mind*

I'm kinda confused why these sticks run (CR) 2T mode when leaving the CR on auto or selecting the D.O.C.P to get the 2000MHz divider.

Is there a reason it runs 2T?

I really haven't had any luck keeping the ram or system stable using the 2000MHz setting.

Am I missing out on a setting here?

Thanks.

Comment

It probably runs 2T because it can't run 1T.

What is your CPU-NB Voltage? May not have enough voltage somewhere to stabilize DDR3-2000. DDR3-2000 requires precise voltages.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Oh it can run 1T but not long, the cpu-nb voltage is set to 1.15v

I see on the Gskill home page the ram I have says 2N, is that the same as T2?

I have another set of sticks here from a different manufacture that run 1T...

Im just curious what the reason is the Tridents are set to run T2, is the freq so high that the clock cycle's need that mode to run?

Comment

help

I could not set the RAM. Send someone BIOS settings. The maximum frequency of who I have, it is 1866MHz. Sorry for my English. Thanks in Advance

Comment

Working...
                              X