Ram Configurator Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Configurator Update?

Was trying to find ram for a few new Gigabyte boards but there is no listing.

GA-790FXTA-UD5
    GA-790XTA-UD4
    GA-770TA-UD3

These are the new AMD boards with Sata 6Gb and USB 3.o.

I was wondering when the list will be updated.
    More specifically if i could use the Eco series in these boards.

All links to newegg.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I understand my ram choice is not supported but it would be nice to see the ones that are.

Edit: The Motherboard support list provided by Gigabyte does not like to list quad sets but the list includes G.SKILL ECO Series (2 x 2GB) 1600 Model ---F-3-12800CL7D-4GBECO The reviews i read lead me to believe these sticks could get -1333 7-8-7-24 with the right dimms.

Would still like to see G.Skills list too though.
    Last edited by Technophile; 01-09-2010, 10:09 AM. Reason: add

It is hard to list qualified memory packages because it depends on the CPU as well. Certain AMD CPUs are limited to speed or number of modules. With the three motherboards you listed, any DDR3-1600 CL8 should work if you have a AMD Phenom II x4 965 for example. The ECO series can be used, but most AMD motherboards can't fully utilize its special 1.35V feature since default is set to 1.60V.

Any DDR3-1600 CL8 or DDR3-1333 CL7 would provide the best results.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I have this mobo GA-790FXTA-UD5 with a AMD Phenom II x4 955 and this memory
      F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD would this be the perfect combination.

Comment

I was confused with what you said "Any DDR3-1600 CL8 or DDR3-1333 CL7 would provide the best results" but according to gigabyte memory list it is F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD so I both 4 sticks. Please explain.

Comment

The F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD is compatible, but reaching DDR3-2000 may be difficult and will require overclocking the CPU. If you are not familiar with overclocking, I would suggest a DDR3-1600 CL8 memory package instead.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Which modules to use for 8GB or 16GB

I have a GA-790FXTA-UD5 with AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz and 2 sticks of F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD. I wanted to expand to 8GB and am not sure what to use for best performance in that I read conflicting reports about memory size and speed. Looks like the modules are discontinued and so is the MB so I guess the old adage is correct "If it works it's obsolete". Any help would be appreciated. Maybe by now there is a 16GB cost effective solution?

Thanks in advance,
            marc

Comment

The same kit is still available:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-412-_-Product

But, it is not guaranteed they will work together.

Here are our 16GB kits:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...on=gskill+16gb

If you don't need the Trident kit, I'm sure you could easily sell them for money back since they are a high performance kit.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Sorry to bother you again on this issue but I hate buying RAM and having to return it but I do need more memory so based on the fact that I have the GA-790FXTA-UD5 with AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz what 16GB kit will give me the best performance and reliability for the money?

Thanks so much,
                marc

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...on=gskill+16gb

One of the first 8 will be compatible. The last two are too high of performance for your set up. I don't think you want to spend a lot of time overclocking either.

For performance, one of the CL7 kits will be perfect. If more budget, DDR3-1333 CL7 should be very stable, and the price is good.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks for all your help and as per your recommendation I purchased and installed your F3-12800CL7Q-16GBXH kit. All is running well at system default and I was wondering if you could recommend some known settings that will give me the best performance/stability. I currently get a WEI of 7.5. I was looking around on the web and found:

"There is a bunch of threads over at the GSkill forums were there staff lay out all the tweaks and settings you have to undertake and to get the ram running stable, Gskill does Not a guaranteed this will work 100%. I resolved all this mess buy returning the Ripjaws and Buying the OCZ."

They went on to say;

"The major difference between these 2 is the OCZ ram will cause you ZERO problems and is guaranteed to will work perfectly and be 100% compatible with all AMD systems at the manufactures rated spec."

I am and have been a G.Skill fan and so I am hoping you have setting which prove the above comments bogus. Also do you know if a MB BIOS upgrade is needed and recommended and what version is stable with your RAM.

Thanks again,
                    marc

Comment

That is just a case of someone not knowing how to configure performance memory. For that reason, we have a guide to configure AMD systems. If you look at the DDR3 stickies, there is one about "AMD CPU + G.Skill 1600". Use that to set it up and everything should be fast and stable.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X