• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradesman/Motherboard

Can you recommend a motherboard to me.
    $200 range-ATX-Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield
    Window 7 64 bit
    RamJam has made some recommendations to me.
    I like to hear what you have to say.

I like Asus boards, Gigabyte software, and I have used Intel boards in the past.
    This is a home/business computer
    Quicken
    Quickbooks
    Internet
    Office 2003
    Light gaming- My wife plays Mahjong
    Photos
    Video
    I don't need super fast. I need somthing that will last few years and stable.

Thanks

ASUS P7P55D PRO or Regular $169 or $149. Works great, proven, and good pricing.

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1874

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

For home/office computing and your listed requirements, software wise, I think $200 might be overkill, in that range your primarily looking at dual-tri Crossfire/SLI boards that you really wouldn't need. I think I'd suggest the Gigabyte P55-UD3R:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ue&Order=PRICE

At the Egg it's currently $13.99 (w/ free shipping), this has 1 PCI-E 2.0 slot that will take the highest end GPU you could want, which should more than suffice for your photos and video editing.

Taking this route,if you already have a budget roughed out, that would provide an additional $60 that could be applied to larger monitor (which would aide immeasurably in the photo and video editing, gaming (and anything else), or into additional RAM (which would aide in the numbers crunching as well as the photos and video) or into a higher end GPU which again particularly would help with the photos and video editing, or a larger or second hard drive (maybe a RAID setup).........or you could break down the $60 and spread it among the items.

If you have additional info on what your looking at and can post it (i.e. amount of RAM you want to run (- I'd suggest 8GB), a particular GPU you have in mind, drive setup (standard/SSD, single mode/RAID, etc), particular add-ons/peripherals, etc, that of course could change the recommendation.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

8Gb of GSkill ram
        GPU is that the video card-I was thinking of using my card I have now-
        BFG Tech BFGR76256GTOCE GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card
        Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

What do you think of the the new ASUS SABERTOOTH 55i

As far as the money goes, it's a business expense.
        I'm plan on spending $1000 on the whole upgrade.
        I rather spend it on my computer than give it to the goverment.

Comment

I've heard good things, there's a few reviews out on it already, a good one is at

http://www.trustedreviews.com/mother...Motherboard/p1

Looks like a good board and I've always liked ASUS, haven' used it for build yet.

If you'd like I could put together some suggestions toward an upgrade....might want to do it via PM or e-mail, already have some proposals for other similar systems.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X