5950X F4-3600C14Q-64GTRS - Random Reboots - WHEA Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5950X F4-3600C14Q-64GTRS - Random Reboots - WHEA Errors

I just upgraded from F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN to F4-3600C14Q-64GTRS modules and I started having random reboots with the below error in the event log. I have XMP enabled and PBO set to auto. I have been running MemTest for a few hours now (16 threads X 3634 MB) without any errors. I have a Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME (rev 1.2) with the latest BIOS. I have CPU Core manually set to 1.20 V, but other than that, not too many other changes besides for enabling virtualization.

Code:
    A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
    Error Source: Machine Check Exception
    Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
    Processor APIC ID: 7
    Please let me know if you need more information.
    Last edited by BigA; 08-25-2021, 03:14 AM.
    Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Rev. 2.0 BIOS FD | i7 920 | CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX | Cooler Master V8 | Cooler Master HAF X | 6GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel Memory | Intel 120GB X25-M SSD | EVGA GTX 470 | Windows 7 x64

Try a lower DRAM Frequency to see if it can be more stable. If it can, check CPU SoC Voltage, then manually set it higher to see if you can improve stability. In case a lower DRAM Frequency is unstable as well, you may need to try two or one module at a time to see if a stick may be bad and causing problems.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Try a lower DRAM Frequency to see if it can be more stable. If it can, check CPU SoC Voltage, then manually set it higher to see if you can improve stability. In case a lower DRAM Frequency is unstable as well, you may need to try two or one module at a time to see if a stick may be bad and causing problems.
      Thanks. Both the CPU Core and SoC were set to 1.200v, but I noticed the motherboard was reporting around 1.180v, so I bumped both to 1.225v and then now they fluctuate between 1.200-1212v, so I will run some tests with the higher voltages and see if it remain stable. CPU idle is around 50C, so not too bad.

Also, do you have a recommendation for settings with MemTestPro?
      Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Rev. 2.0 BIOS FD | i7 920 | CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX | Cooler Master V8 | Cooler Master HAF X | 6GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel Memory | Intel 120GB X25-M SSD | EVGA GTX 470 | Windows 7 x64

Comment

There is a maximum for each instance so you can set to that until the sum of all is near total capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          There is a maximum for each instance so you can set to that until the sum of all is near total capacity.
          Thanks. I also noticed this happened when my PC was idle and not doing much (where MemTest runs for hours without issue), so I also made some changes to power settings in the BIOS. I will run Prime95 over the weekend to verify everything is good too.

Power Down Mode: Disabled
          C-States: Disabled
          SoC/Uncore OC Mode: (was Enabled already)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZenTimings_Screenshot.png
Views:	122
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	167294

Comment

Also try a lower DRAM Frequency to see what can be stable. This may provide insight to whether it is a setting issue or defective hardware since eg. DDR4-3200 should be stable without any additional adjustments for that system.

Comment

Working...
            X