Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the consensus on the G.Skill Lighting Control software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the consensus on the G.Skill Lighting Control software?

I have 4 x 16gb sticks of G.Skill Nneo Z 3600mhz RAM on a Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wifi MB. I have been using the MB lighting controls (RGB Fusion 2.0) and it just doesn't have a lot of good options for lighting effects. I use the Corsair Lighting Node pro to control all my other RGB lights but I am unable to control the RAM LEDs with it.

Does this software control more than just the RAM LEDs? Can it also control LEDs connected to the MB headers?
    If I install this software for my RAM, will it work ok with the Corsair software (I use that to also control the lights on my K95 RGB keyboard along with the other RGB lights in the case)? I currently use the MB aRGB headers for front case LEDs and the RAM which is run by the RGB Fusion (Gigabyte) software.

Trident Z Lighting Control will only control memory LEDs so generally it is better to use motherboard software since it can control other lighting as well.

There should be no issues with other software, as long as they are not attempting to control the same hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Trident Z Lighting Control will only control memory LEDs so generally it is better to use motherboard software since it can control other lighting as well.

There should be no issues with other software, as long as they are not attempting to control the same hardware.
      The motherboard software doesn't have that many RGB lighting options for the RAM at all so I have been looking for better options. For example: I can't create 2 or 3 color variations of the LEDs, plus there are only like 8 pre-programmed options for the RAM lights.

I do know that the Corsair iCue software has some Asus motherboard support but I don't really want to have to get a new MB just to have more control over my RAM LEDs.

Does the Trident Z lighting control offer plenty of options for different RGB effects? Does it have various effects but offer you the ability to change the colors of those effects?

Comment

Yes, generally it is more options for DRAM LED control, give it try.

Comment

Working...
        X