Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR on x570 problems

Hello!

I'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right place but recently I built a new computer (back in march to be exact) for my wife. I did my research and double checked everything and once the system was up and running everything was fine. After some time though she started getting some BSODs at which time I double checked again and realized that the ram I bought was tuned more for Intel processors than AMD. further inspecting my original research I found that G.skill support listed this kit as compatible with my board so I assumed that was not the issue and moved on. I did a LOT of troubleshooting on drivers and software but eventually did a memtest on the RAM as a last resort.

What I found is that if I have the XMP profile on I get BSODs and errors in memtest86 no matter what. If I leave the RAM at default with XMP off and all values set to auto. I don't get errors but I still get BSODs.

I'm very confused and my next step is to check the motherboard/cpu combo with my set of Trident Z royals which work flawlessly. Is there something else I should be doing to inspect things?

CPU : Ryzen R7 3700x
    Ram: F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR
    Mobo: MSI x570 MPG Gaming pro carbon Wifi
Working...
X