Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3600C16Q-32GTRS safe operating temperature

Hello all,

First I have to comment on this RAM kit I have been running for about a week. THEY ARE AWESOME (and are perty too)! It was as simple as install, set up XMP, verify voltage, and BOOM! 3600 MHz with 16-16-16-36 timings stable at 1.35v. 46ns benchmark without even really trying!

Now on to my question. Obviously it is high performing ram, Samsung B-die. Right now The ram gets to be about 36 C after being under solid load for a few hours. A few more hours and it would probably go up to 37 C but I can't imagine it going much higher than that given case airflow. When idle sticks are around 30-32 C. I just want to make sure I won't damage these sticks, as I would like to have them last at least 2-3 years if possible. Can someone comment on the safe operating temperatures for 24/7 use? Thank you very much!

For XMP settings anything below 50°C should be super safe temperature-wise.

If modules get too warm, you would notice instabilites that go away with improved cooling (additional/direct airflow).

Edit: One thread should suffice, especially for a simple question like that. Maybe just delete your other ones
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      For XMP settings anything below 50°C should be super safe temperature-wise.

If modules get too warm, you would notice instabilites that go away with improved cooling (additional/direct airflow).

Edit: One thread should suffice, especially for a simple question like that. Maybe just delete your other ones
      What other threads? Im a little confused, this is the first thread I have made in this forum. Did someone ask a similar question maybe? Also, thank you very much for your knowledge!

Comment

Oops, sorry! I saw the same question posted in at least three different sub-forums. Might have been a bug with the forum software then.
        Last edited by emissary42; 06-02-2020, 07:43 PM.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X