2x32Gb Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x32Gb Info

Hey, I need to upgrade ram on my pc to 64gb, I already have 2x16Gb but I’m consider to buy a 2x32Gb kit so I have the option in the future to buy another 2x32Gb to upgrade to 128gb. I’m running a x570 taichi and a 3950x. (Houdini simulations and rendering). My question is, this ram F4-2666C18D-64GTRS seems a bit slow but it’s cheaper compare to the 3200 one, but what kind of chip has this ram? Are they b-die? If so can the 2666 cl18 one be oc to something more resonable like 3000mhz cl15/16?
    thanks

There is no guarantee when mixing separate memory kits so it is best to purchase the amount of RAM you may need now so all modules are matched and certified from factory.

Chip type is unknown, it can vary with batch and we have no idea what you will get in hand. The modules can definitely be OC as high as the system can support.

As far as timings you can try it with increased DRAM Voltage to see what they can do. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

From the module capacity alone you can already see these have to be built from some type of 16gbit IC. So the classic Samsung 8Gbit B-Die are out of the question, since their density is too low and it would require 32 ICs to build a 32GB module out of them (your typcial dual rank modules are built from 16 ICs and single rank modules from 8 ICs).
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks for answering, my idea is not to mix ram, the options are to fill another 2x16gb kit (of the same brand) or use a 2x32Gb 2666mhz cl18, but I don’t know how much I can overlock... do you know if I can reach something like 3000mhz cl15/16?
        thanks

Comment

Working...
        X