Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I need to properly set my Trident Z Neo RAM on Bios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I need to properly set my Trident Z Neo RAM on Bios?

Hi,

I recently got this RAM Kit: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC

My computer specs are:
    Zenith Xtreme II
    AMD Threadripper 3960x
    EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080Ti

My question is very simple, what is the best way to setup my memory in order to perform properly? I am not planning on doing any overclocking,

I had issues with the computer right after the system was all set up and running with windows 10, the computer was rebooting itself with a mid-heavy load, and after some time
    I found out that setting the memory at the D.O.C.P. in the bios with the 3600MHZ frequency, (I haven't done any voltage tweaking just yet) the computer started to behave better, before this everything was by auto or default.

I would like to know on how set this up properly without putting on risk or cause damage to it.

Thanks in advance.

Is the system stable? If it is, you are ready to go. You will only need to tweak some Voltages if the system is not fully stable.

Comment

it seems stable enough, I've been using Linux Ubuntu since windows was rebooting itself and acting very uneatable, but yeah I will keep testing and do what you are suggesting, by default D.O.C.P sets the memory to 3600MHz and voltages at 3.5v which I believe this memory is set to., with this settings the computer started to be more stable, I will see how this is behaving. thanks!

Comment

Generally the default settings should be more stable since the system only needs to run at DDR4-2133 CL15 1.20V

Your hardware is certified capable of the memory kit's DOCP specifications so that's no surprise, however it is odd default did not perform as well. It is possible DOCP overrides some poor default settings. Let us know if you encounter any issues.

Comment

Working...
        X