TridentZ RGB control over I2C or...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TridentZ RGB control over I2C or...?

So I just built a new PC and have the F4-3000C16D-32GTZR. I'm also running Ubuntu 18.04.

I've gone through a few extensive posts where people are trying to reverse engineer how the LEDs work and how to access them (see https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/K...izer/issues/85). It seems that most computer component LEDs these days (AORUS, AURA, etc) can be controlled over I2C, possibly including this RAM. However I haven't managed to get this to work yet (the RAM doesn't show up in my I2C devices).

Is there any tiny chance I could appeal to the better nature of someone at G.SKILL to provide any details on the LED controller? A list of commands that can be sent to the LED controller would be great (some are brute-forced and oscilloscope analyzed in that thread, but are almost certainly incomplete). There also seems to be a question of initialization for the LED controller as some people report success if they boot into Windows, change the LEDs from the official app, then reboot into Linux and now they can control the LEDs. Or timing diagrams (there are suggestions that sending commands too rapidly locks up the LED controller?), or any other documentation really.

Anything would be appreciated. My end goal is to make the LEDs sit a solid green to match the other green components and green liquid cooling, the rainbow effect is a little distracting and mismatched looking.

Thanks!
Working...
X