Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got 2x4GB GSkill Ripjaws X RAM. Only 1 stick works.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 2x4GB GSkill Ripjaws X RAM. Only 1 stick works.

Hi

I have the following RAM: RipjawsX Series 8GB PC3-12800 Dual Channel DDR3 Kit (2 x 4GB).

I got it last year when I built my AMD PC. Both RAM sticks were working fine until a few weeks ago when I noticed in the Task manager that one of the RAM sticks was showing as "Hardware reserved". I was only able to use 4GB RAM instead of 8GB like before (note I have Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, so it is not a problem of 32-bit Windows not able to address 8GB of RAM).

So I tried booting with 1 stick at a time to find out which stick of RAM was faulty. 1 of the sticks is perfectly fine. The computer boots up and I can see the full 4GB at 1600Mhz speed.

The second stick is faulty I believe. The computer does not boot up at all when I use just this stick. There is a solid red light on the motherboard. I have tried the following and it did not fix anything:

- MemOK button on the motherboard
    - Different RAM slots

As I said the other stick works perfectly, just one of the sticks is experiencing the above problem. Can I RMA in this case?

Yes, please do so.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Is that the link for Canada customers also? And secondly will I have to ship both sticks to you or just the faulty one?

Comment

That is the link for any RMA. Once you input your info, it will direct you to the correct RMA dept.

It is highly recommended to send both sticks so we can send you a new kit back. This ensures the modules are perfectly matching and able to work at the rated specifications.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Do I need to send it back in the original packaging? I might not have the original packaging.

Comment

No, it is not required.

Comment

Working...
            X