Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best memory for an editor machine?

Hello,

I built my wife a machine just for editing high rez photos an video. I researched everything but the memory. The kit was on sale so I did the impulse buy thing. While I like the G'Skills Sniper 2133 (4x8) in there now; I can't help but wonder if there was a better choice.

She's running the full Adobe Suite including Lightroom 5. No overclocking but hugh RAW files are being processed in batch.

The machine is:

NZXT Phantom 410 case (red)
    NZXT Hale90 1000W PS
    Asus Z77 Sabertooth Mother Board
    Intel i7 3770K
    32 Gb Sniper 2133
    ATI AMD Fire Pro W7000 (4Gb)
    Kingston X-Hyper SSD (Win7 OS)
    Western Digital Black 4 Tb Drive
    4 Seagate 3Tb drives on a RAID5 configuration
    4 monitors (2 Philips 23" IPS and 2 NEC 23" Multisync IPS )

As you can see I only bought high end (for the time). As I didn't research the memory and just bought because it was G.Skills I'm wondering if there was a better G.Skills choice. I know you can't go wrong with this manufacturer and the current kits is very stable.

Maybe the "build-bug" has still got me and I'm just looking for an excuse to get back into the box.

Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Could look at the Trident's, they have surpassed the Snipers as my favorite line of sticks, with the 3770K should be able to run the 32GB set of either 2400 or 2666....maaaaayyyyybe 2800 sticks with a bit of an OC on the CPU, which will help the processing also

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I was wondering if they're better myself. Don't get me wrong, I like the Snipers. They're completely stable and work great.

So you would recommend the 2800s? Hmmm, I like the sound of that!

I guess the next question is if I'm not going to overclock, will it make a difference?
      Last edited by Peacekpr; 07-07-2013, 07:15 AM. Reason: Reread reply

Comment

Yes will need something of an OC to run the sticks at the high freqs, that's why mobo advertising shows an '(OC)' by DRAM freqs it supports, it indicates an OC of the CPU may be required

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You can purchase the DDR3-2800 kit to see if your CPU can support it. If not, you can always try DDR3-2666 or DDR3-2600. With lower timings, it should be just as quick.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X