• 16GB F3-10666CL9D and Asus Sabertooth x79 Issues

Recently built a new computer specs:

16gb of F3-10666CL9D
    Intel 520 180gb SSD
    Intel x-25m 120gb SSD
    Various Hard Drives
    470gtx
    Sabertooth x79 mobo

I started to have issues with the Intel 520 failing integrity check, and also with Google Chrome and other programs crashing, but no BSODs or anything.

So I ran tests all around on my system and prime 95 and what not. Everything passed except memory.

So after some testing if I have 8gb of RAM installed, everything works as intended and Memtest passes. If I put in 12 or 16gb then memtest fails. I have tried using different slots and moving around the RAM sticks and nothing seems to make a difference. I have also tested the RAM stick by stick and it seems to pass. So I'm thinking it's a settings issue.

I am on the latest BIOs on my mobo.

Help? I can provide whatever information is needed, though I won't have access to it till about 4 hours from now. Thanks.

UPDATE CLICK HERE FOR SCREEN CAPS OF ALL THE SETTINGS I COULD FIND THAT I THOUGHT WOULD BE RELEVANT.
    Last edited by DimmuJed; 09-20-2012, 11:21 PM. Reason: Added Image Album with all my settings

When you get to it, check your voltages in BIOS, try the VTT at about 1.17, if no joy, post up your voltages and DRAM settings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

updated the first post with image gallery at imgur.com

Comment

VttCPU at 1.17 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I just moved it up to 1.17500 and it failed right away on memtest test 7 per "normal", as this is the test it normally fails on I go directly to it.

Here is a gallery of various memtest results. They always seem to fail just under the 4000mb range, and again this only happens with 3 or 4 sticks in, no matter the configuration.

I will try a bit higher vttcpu. Maybe 1.3 and report back.

Ran the test again with cpuvtt set to 1.35 and issue still occurs.
          Last edited by DimmuJed; 09-21-2012, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Try running memtest on each stick by itself, see if one only test bad...if more than one may be a mobo/CPU problem

Tman

Comment

I've done that. And all chips pass on their own. Do you think it could be because it's older RAM that isn't xmp?

Comment

What exact set do you have, there's a partial model up top F3-10666CL9D, but that's only the start of the model, and from that (the D on the end means DUAL, or a two stick set, yet you talk about 12 GB so am guessing it's a two sets of 2x4GB. What model? Ripjaws X, Ripjaws, Snipers, Ripjaws Z, Ares, Trident, etc? Also, again guessing, you say older DRAM, is it Ripjaws? Regardless, need the model line as asked above and if this is from a single set or two sets, that will play into what timings you need, just from what in your pics things look wrong for 4 sticks.

And XMP doesn't play into, that is only applicable to sticks 1600 and up (just for your info)

Tman

Comment

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

I have two sets of that from Newegg.

Comment

Try RAS to RAS delay to 5, Ref Cycle Time to 128, DRAM AB AND DRAM CD Voltages to 1.55, vCore to 1.22, VTTCPU to 1.1

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                      Try RAS to RAS delay to 5, Ref Cycle Time to 128, DRAM AB AND DRAM CD Voltages to 1.55, vCore to 1.22, VTTCPU to 1.1

That didn't work either. I see I failed to mention I have the Intel i7-3930k, if it makes any difference.

Comment

Should work, I can drop a line to GSkill tech to take a look, he should be in maybe Mondat, prob Tues for sure

Tman

Comment

Any word yet?

Comment

Dropped them another line, hopefully today

Tman

Comment

Send them in for RMA, seems like they are not matching properly. For 4 modules in a single system, you should use F3-10666CL9Q-16GBRL

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X