Need Help with voltage/timings for F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with voltage/timings for F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

I have a gigabyte MA-790FXT-UD5P board witha a PhenomII 955 OC to 3.6(via multiplier). I also have 4 sticks of the 12800CL9D memory that i cant seem to get stable at 1600.

If i let the mb autoconfig timings at 1600 it end up around 11-11-11-29-40. if i manually set timings i can get it to run longest at 9-9-9-29-33 but under loads or randomly it i'll get a bsod.

The mem box says 1.5-1.6v for this memory...my mb starts it at 1.6. How much higher can i go? 1. 8? 1.9? and willl i need to go that high with 4 sticks?
    Last edited by Darkeyce; 06-13-2009, 03:10 PM. Reason: Resolved

might try at 9-9-9-27, 1.8v, Command Rate 2T, tRFC 84....might also have to raise the NB a tick or two

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Looks like tht worked...Glad you suggested the higher voltyages...i wouldnt have gone there otherwise.

Comment

No problem, if it's stable with these settings, you could slowly try taking down the tRFC a tic or two at a time to increase the performance a bit (you won't be able to 'see' it, but it's one of the ways to fine tune RAM, also try reducing voltage bit by bit to get as low as possible.

Tman
        Last edited by Tradesman; 06-13-2009, 05:37 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have the same motherboard (BIOS F8c) and RAM, my CPU is a Phenom II 965, running at stock speed. I am doing a lot of programming as well as work with very large files (>60GB) on 64-bit linux. For quite some time the system worked with only one kit, because the other had a faulty DIMM and after I got the RMA, they run out of the particular model at the store. About a week ago I finally got my replacement kit. Until then, in order to keep the system stable at 1600MHz I had to increase the voltage to 1.8V, set the timings to 9-9-9-27, the Command Rate to 2T and tRFC to 90 for all DIMMS. After I installed the second kit, I have been getting random errors and system crashes. Sometimes a huge table gets copied with errors, sometimes a compilation fails, when two minutes ago it ran successfully and sometimes the system hangs if I open 2-3 browser tabs with flash ads.

Each DIMM tests fine in memtest86+ and no errors are reported when all four are installed. However, I get rounding errors in mprime's blend test, usually within the first 4-5 tests. 2 days worth of small FFT tests went trouble-free. In order to test this further, I installed a 32-bit version of Fedora and a 32-bit version of win7. In both of them, mprime and prime95 run fine. The problem is that I do need 64-bit extensions.

My memory settings are the following:
          CAS# latency 9T
          RAS to CAS R/W Delay 9T
          Row Precharge Time 9T
          Minimum RAS Active Time 27T
          1T/2T Command Timing 2T
          TwTr Command Delay 5T
          Trfc0 for DIMM1 110ns
          Trfc2 for DIMM2 110ns
          Trfc1 for DIMM3 110ns
          Trfc3 for DIMM4 110ns
          Write Recovery Time 10T
          Precharge Time 5T
          Row Cycle Time 33T
          RAS to RAS Delay 4T

CHA & CHB settings are all set to Auto

Bank Interleaving Enabled
          Channel interleave Enabled
          DQS Training Control Skip DQS
          CKE Power Down Mode Disabled
          Memclock tri-stating Disabled

and these are the voltage settings:

DDR3 Voltage Control 1.800V
          SB/HT Voltage Control 1.400V
          NB/PCIe/PLL Voltage Control Normal (doesn't say what normal is)
          CPU PLL Voltage Control 2.500V
          DDR VTT Voltage Control 0.800V
          NB Voltage Control 1.120V
          CPU NB VID Control Normal (doesn't say)
          CPU Voltage Control Normal (doesn't say)
          CPU Vcore 1.4250V

Is there room for improvement?

Comment

My motherboard allows me to set the trfc to 90, 110, 160, 300 and 350 nsecs. I tried them all, but I couldn't get the system to stabilize. I also tried raising a bit NB/PCIe/PLL Voltage Control and CPU NB VID Control, but still nothing. I saw in another post regarding the same memory kit that you suggested setting two different trfc values, 90 and 110 if I remember correctly, but that doesn't work either. I have to compress some huge files and I am only able to do that if I remove a pair of DIMMs, otherwise the system hangs. I really need some help here...

Comment

I have spoken with my retailer and it is possible to send back my C2 Phenom II and get a C3 in return. Would that solve my problems?

Comment

Hopefully, it can only improve since the C3 has a much better memory controller.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

They called me again this morning and they said that if it runs fine at 1333, there is no way they will replace the CPU, so I am back at square one... Any suggestions? Does the C1E setting affect system stability?

Comment

backhand,

Just realized your settings are wrong though...

BIOS should look like below for 8GB, 4 modules:

CAS# latency 9T
                    RAS to CAS R/W Delay 9T
                    Row Precharge Time 9T
                    Minimum RAS Active Time 24T
                    1T/2T Command Timing 2T
                    TwTr Command Delay 5T
                    Trfc0 for DIMM1 160ns
                    Trfc2 for DIMM2 160ns
                    Trfc1 for DIMM3 160ns
                    Trfc3 for DIMM4 160ns
                    Write Recovery Time 12T
                    Precharge Time 5T
                    Row Cycle Time 40T
                    RAS to RAS Delay 4T

DDR3 Voltage Control 1.500V
                    SB/HT Voltage Control 1.200V
                    NB Voltage Control 1.300V

C1E does affect stability, but you are not overclocking so it probably would not help.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

It worked! Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
                      X