p8p67 deluxe w/ F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p8p67 deluxe w/ F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL problems

I just got an Asus P8P67 Deluxe with an i7-2600k and a F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL kit. When I try to boot my computer, I get infinite automatic reboots. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

You might be in this case

let see this : http://event.asus.com/2011/mb/Identify_B3_Motherboards/

On January 31, 2011 Intel? announced the detection of a design error in the new Intel? 6 Series support chipset, also known as Cougar Point. ASUS has updated all motherboards with revised Intel? 6 series B3 chipsets, with every SATA port now certified safe to use and the Cougar Point support chip issue resolved. ASUS offers multiple ways to easily identify revised products. Primarily, check for labels showing ?New B3 Revision?. These are clearly displayed on products and packaging.

See also the bottom of this page

Comment

I don't think so. The box is marked with the "New P67 B3 revision" label. Also, in the BIOS, it does say that the board is a B3 board.

Comment

B3 revision

Because you did not give this information on the first post it was just to confirm.
        You'd better give all specs next time

Comment

Further information

Is there any other information that would be helpful?
          Last edited by EldritchDhampir; 04-04-2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Troubleshooting attempts

I tried booting with each stick individually. Neither stick gets the beeps. I currently get a series of restarts. The q-code displayed is 58, and the DRAM light stays lit. The mem-ok button does not let me get back into the bios.

I am able to get into the bios with a friend's stick of Corsair Dominator 1600mhz ram (2GB stick 8-8-8-24 timings, 1.65v). When using this stick, I can boot into the BIOS, but the machine will restart after a minute or two.

Comment

Did you try clearing BIOS with the CLRTC button or pins?

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X