Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with (4x2GB) F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH with ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (BIOS v1253)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with (4x2GB) F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH with ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (BIOS v1253)

I am having issues with my new ASUS P6P87 Deluxe and the 2 new kits of F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH (4x2GB) memory. When I have all four modules installed I can't enable the XMP profile or change any of the timings and have the machine POST. The only way to post is using the BIOS auto settings, which set the memory to the JEDEC #3 settings per CPUID (9,9,9,28@1.5V). I can enable XMP with each seperate pair of 4GB RAM installed, but once I install the second set of RAM the machine will not post. I have upgraded the BIOS to 1253 and I have run Memtest86+ for 8 hours with all 4 modules on Auto settings and had no errors. I have tried raising the DRAM voltage setting and the VCCIO setting, but could not find a stable setting. At DRAM 1.8v/VCCIO 1.25v, I was able to post, but Windows will not load and the machine locks up. I did not feel comfortable increasing those settings any further to see if I could get it stable. If you have anything else that you could think of for me to try that would be helpful. I just don't think that this is a case of bad ram, but I will let you be the judge. Thanks in advance.

Does the second kit work OK with XMP? 1.80V is too high, you shouldn't need to raise DRAM Voltage.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Both kits work seperately with XMP set. It is when I run both kits together that I have problems. I am currently running memtest on each module seperately to see if any errors show themselves.

Comment

You may just have two incompatible kits.. if problems persists, send them in for RMA to try two new kits.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hey I too have the same kit, setup, and problem. I can't post with all 4 sticks in but I can post with 2 in either sets of slots. Any suggestions? I have it on xmp and 1.6 volts.

Comment

I ended up RMAing both my kits and got a 2x4GB kit. No problems since changing it out.

Comment

Wait, you sent them your kit and they sent you 2x4gb kit? Is that an option? Or did you sell yours and you bought the 2x4gb kit?

Comment

I RMA'd it for refund with newegg and bought the 2x4GB kit.

Comment

Well its already been a month so I doubt I will be able to return it. Its busy season for me and I work Monday through Saturday so I haven't had a chance. Will they still RMA it? I bought these on January 19th.

Comment

If you got it from newegg, log into your account and see if it still qualifies for rma refund.

Comment

I'm screwed, I will have to RMA it through Gskill. I guess I'm looking at a 3 week turn around before I get it.

Comment

I set the settings to Auto and XMP and no luck. Is there any settiings i could try? Like a voltage increase somewhere, or a specific setting?

Comment

No, it appears to be a matter of two incompatible kits. If you need 8GB, you should purchase an 8GB kit.

Since you are beyond the return period, complete the RMA request form. When you email it to the RMA dept., let them know that you need a matched 8GB kit such as:

F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH

Then they can set you up with exchange details so you don't have to sell these kits to purchase another.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I bought the kit that has 4 sticks in it not 2 separate ones. I ordered the 8gb kit that has cas 6 latency and ddr31600. I expect that gskill will honor the warranty and replace for me the same kit and not a lesser speed one. Unless they want to give me one that is of equal or higher value.

All I did was set xmp and then tried auto and wont post. Is there any trick or anything that I could try to see if it will work or is it for certain an incompatible kit?

Comment

Of course, we will only replace with something better, not less.

Do you have the PI kit?

Did you reset the BIOS through CLRTC button or pins?

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X