F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH voltage range?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH voltage range?

Hi there. I tried to look up a datasheet or specs fro this set, and I only saw 1.5V.. However, I saw another user here in a thread with GKill tech , going as high as 1.74 or 1.91 (I can't find the thread right now but it sounded insane) ! or something and just got the reply, cool, let us know if there is an update. Now , I am glad if this is so, but could G.Skill let me know which is the accepted testing range for customers, (+15%, eg. 1.65V 20% etc?). Also perhaps undervoltage.

So a reply like: We, officially we [will] support 1.43-1.75 ' as an example. They have been known to take more but this goes out of *specs* and might not be replaced or warrantied (aka why I wish to know specs).

In other words, a friendly advice would be to add to the website, for all memory modules a datasheet which includes say accepted voltage ranges, SPD's and other useful data?

I am on Asus M4A78T-E, X2 555 BE (might be X4 B55) BE, Rev. C3.

And of course, 4 gigs (2x2) of this set: F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH

Hope to put them in the 'best' OC channels (nearest the massive HS sigh).. now WHY for OC'ers don't the move it on the further away...physical bus length? hehe.

Besides, for people with 4 dimms, I always get a tad suspicious when 'one set of channels' are better for overclocking.

Thank you,

solar

PS. Am looking forward to these sticks, I got a feeling they have a lot to give!
    Will most likely stick to native 1333 and be pushing for those low timings.

Oh and a final question, tips & tricks or advice for testing perfomance (and settings ) when trying 1T.

PPS. I came across ( a somewhat older) post elsewhere, that G.Skill sticks can have some problems with ganged vs. unganged modes.. any last considerations to mention before these nice sticks arrive on Monday (instead of today) and tests and tuning begin?
    Last edited by solar; 01-08-2011, 01:26 AM.

Ah.. found it here: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...0666CL7D-4GBRH

That explains it though, it is an 'administrator' but not from the company. 1.74V sounds quite high but this is why I ask for SPD's, volatge range(s).

Comment

From what all I've seen and been told GSkill generally sticks with .1 above rated voltage, they will hopefully be in Mon and can clarify the company position. There are instances where depending on the sticks (and prob, in some cases the users) where additional voltage is recommended. Then too, there are the times when users are determined to try different thing, quite a number of Extreme OCers use GSkill DRAM and voltages, speeds, timings can be rather hair raising - from experience I've run some models well over the stated spec, but it's not something I would recommend to others, as there is the possibility of frying something besides eggs for breakfast

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well, thank you but I am looking for an answer from the company

bump

Comment

No problem, some people get antsy waiting for a response, as said, they should be by Monday

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

For G.Skill DDR3 modules, we officially support 1.65V max. Some go even higher for maximum overclocks, but ANY voltage raising is only suggested for experienced overclockers. We reserve the right to not replace or warranty modules that have been damaged due to overclocking, overvolting, and such activities. Any physical damage can also void your G.Skill lifetime warranty.

G.Skill modules are made for overclocking and reaching world records, but it must be done correctly. As seen in world record attempts, high voltages are applied accordingly, with proper cooling, to prevent hardware damage. The idea is that high voltage is not a problem as long as it is being used. If you supply too much voltage to something that does not need it, that's when damage occurs.

We don't have a problem with people overclocking with more voltage to reach better than rated specifications on their memory, but we do have a problem when people try to reach/stabilize DDR3-2000 by simply trying to pump 1.70V 1.80V to see if that will work. The CPU memory controller is the limiting factor these days, not the memory. We can have DDR3-3000+, but no reason to if there is no CPU that can support it. Whatever your memory is rated at, we guarantee it to run at those settings. Almost all the time, it is whether the CPU used can support it.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 01-10-2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Thank you Gskill and I completely agree. My own limit is 10 % normally (unless high perfomance kits , specifically allowing for higher range or are high voltage .. allowiung for 15% say).

Either way, 1.65 is where I will not really have a need to go further.

May I also say, they FINALLY arrived today, smacked them in, worked like a charm the whole build as expected.. running memtest now on 60% flawless and i JUST KNOW, these are gonna be baaaabbbieees with this mobo/psu/cpu

Iam surprised a bit they were autoed to CL9 on 1333 MHz though (by this I mean auto bios, NO OS, no installations, no BIOS flashing yet.. nothing ), given JEDEC states CL7 as these are but doesn't matter.

I am so confident on this kit after perusing these forums that I will not be surprised AT ALL if they are perfectly stable @ 1.5V 1.6 Ghz, CL7.

I suspect my intended 1.65V , 1600 MHz, Cl 6-7-6-6-24? or so will work. Either that or 777-T1 (I hope).

If I can get a stable 1600 , CL 6-7 with T1 at around 1.6V I will for sure buy my next high performance kit without a doubt base don these mid range babies!

Thank you for your response and I am in great spirits (perhaps prematurely but I have a knack for just knowing which parts are gonna serve well)!

Have a nice one

PS. I see no need for 'extreme overclocking', only 'stability overclocking',, I clock for having most juice for money, not for 'fun' or conpetition (although it is very fun, except for endless testing ;p).. with this in mind, one will see that on the current DDR3 frequencies as of today, memory overclocking to the 'limit' does little in comparison to a moderate OC. Hitting 1600 MHz with CL 7 for me with these are my optimal hope. (I will play if system seems to be asking to test it, going down to a mix of 6/7).. although if so, as I say, I will bless these sticks and will next time I make abuild for myself or a customer , going for a G. skill solution!
              Last edited by solar; 01-11-2011, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Blah.. no wonder I was a bit surprised they were being a bit daunty on stock speed.. they are advertised at their XMP profile sighhhh. great marketing trick, not so fun now Anyway, they seem quite good though , system is reacting good.

But guess it will be a 1333 Mhz clock and playing with timings

Will do when I get around to memory.

hmm and now off to find this post by me I went Oo haha.

Comment

Example of CL7 1333 MHz AMD @ 1.5V 4GBRH settings w/ screenshot

Ok well, so far not a single BSOD on all PA (Perfomance adjustment), aka OC.. running for several days and yes.. they do indeed work nicely and tight on the CL 7 SPD @ 1.5 V.

However, that spec is stated for 1066 Mhz so was a bit unsure so started with 1.54 and worked myself down to 1.5.

However, after that being set I wanted to see what headroom these have and admit I was right about their good stability but perhaps a tad too optimistic regarding the OC headroom.. by OC I do not mean frequency but imply tightening the timings. Even trying a 1.6 V jump doesn't really allow me to bring down the timings, although I have not really tried too much for now; this is pretty good for what I require for my ram disk compiling and VM's etc.

However, I get good data transfers on copy/read/write (especially copy!) in unganged mode.

benchmarks by Everest/AIDA64 extreme :

memory ->
                    read: 9.75 GB/s
                    write: 9.3 GB/s
                    copy: 11.8 GB/s
                    latency: 44.3 ns

Here are my settings which might help someone (they can go even a tad tighter but I have not been able to verify yet optimal, this is a start!):

cpu : X2 555 @ 3.9 GHz, REV. C3!! [Important, C2 will be less stable] (42 degrees load, 27 degrees idle , cores = 16 degrees ;p this baby is so relaxed on 4 GHz too but ye , the max voltage for this cpu is 1.4V and I am on 3.9 on 1.375V so am happy enough with that).

HT : untouched

CPU/NB : 1.325V, 2800 MHz (Haven't benched nor tested if any need for higher to be honest, think 2.8GHz is more than enough than to riska 24/7 system).

1333 Mhz unganged dual channel mode, 1.5 V

settings:

CR: 1

pffff ..I'll pass on a screenshot.

good luck.. )
                    PS> I HATE this chip, the other two cores are all but dead... yet the funcitonal ones are amazing! I could go 4.2 on air (given I only played around for 45 mins but seemed fine and even then cores were only in 40s) hehe, gototaa love it.. best is NO BSODS YET If I was an OC guy , I would keep clocking up the cpu till a BSOD happened as on 4.2 it still seemed to be fine and wasn't even getting *too* hot hehe but obviously was never gonna be a stable solution , in practical terms. So any OC'ers there wanting to buy a chip for records.. pm me ;p
                    Last edited by solar; 01-13-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X