Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't switch to AHCI from SATA on HP Pavillion DV7

Hello all-

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I've searched and searched and can't find the answer anywhere, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

I recently bought a Phoenix 120GB Pro for my HP Pavillion, but after connecting it and performing a fresh Windows 7 install, when I restart the computer to finalize the installation process, I receive a no bootable device error and nothing happens. The installation seemed to proceed without a hitch, like I've done on other hard drives, so I don't understand why I'm seeing this error.

After doing a LOT of searching, it appears I need to get into the BIOS and switch from SATA to AHCI, but my BIOS doesn't give that option (I've looked thoroughly through it EVERYWHERE). So my question is, does anyone know of a practical way for me to do that and also, is that even my problem?

After performing the Windows install, I can read the SSD just fine as an external drive, but it only shows a total size of around 69GB, which is also perplexing for me.

Here's what I'm working with:

HP Pavillion DV7 3173nr
    Insyde BIOS F.12
    HP 3638 MoBo
    Windows 7 64 bit
    AMD Turion II M520
    6GB RAM

If you need more information to help me, just let me know. I really appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

I have this dread that I'm simply going to be unable to switch to AHCI, judging from some of the stuff I've read

Thanks in advance!

Hi saoirse,

sorry for missing your message.
    could you check what sata driver do you use.
    open computer management page and check device manger then find IDE ATA/ ATAPI controllers.
    it will show you what kind of SATA driver do you use.

Comment

Working...
    X