Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x 2x F3-10600CL9D-4GBPK and GA-EP45T-UD3P

Hi,

I am putting together a new PC and purchased two F3-10600CL9D-4GBPK for a total of 8GB. Here's the system details:

Model of the motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P
    Model of the memory: F3-10600CL9D-4GBPK (two sets for a total of 8GB)
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80569Q9550

I installed the memory and everything booted up fine. However everything freezes completely after 5-15 minutes. I could not do anything but restart the computer. After several restarts I was able to get 64-bit Vista installed. Freezes continued once I was in Vista. I booted an Ubuntu liveCD to confirm it was not a software issue. Freezes happened under Ubuntu as well.

I pulled one pair of the memory sticks and found that everything stabilized. There was one freeze after several several hours.

Are there some bios settings necessary to get the 8GB working? I went with the out of the box settings from the motherboard, as it is rated to support 8GB.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Might need to kick up the voltage a bit for stability. What do you have it at? 1.5? May need 1.65,1.7 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_E View Post
      Hi,

I am putting together a new PC and purchased two F3-10600CL9D-4GBPK for a total of 8GB. Here's the system details:

Model of the motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P
      Model of the memory: F3-10600CL9D-4GBPK (two sets for a total of 8GB)
      Model of the CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80569Q9550

I installed the memory and everything booted up fine. However everything freezes completely after 5-15 minutes. I could not do anything but restart the computer. After several restarts I was able to get 64-bit Vista installed. Freezes continued once I was in Vista. I booted an Ubuntu liveCD to confirm it was not a software issue. Freezes happened under Ubuntu as well.

I pulled one pair of the memory sticks and found that everything stabilized. There was one freeze after several several hours.

Are there some bios settings necessary to get the 8GB working? I went with the out of the box settings from the motherboard, as it is rated to support 8GB.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

to running with 4 sticks, it may need to increase FSB voltage to 1.4-1.5v and memory voltage to 1.6v
      we only guarantee 2 sticks in dual channel would work fine, but we can't be sure if every 2 pairs could run together
      thanks

G.S

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try and post my results.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try and post my results.
          also try to increase your NB voltage a bit. if default is 1.1v, use 1.2 or 1.3v

Comment

That seemed to have worked. I bumped the FSB and DRAM voltage a bit and have achieved stability.

Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

Glad to hear it...Have a gud 1 !

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

That seemed to have worked. I bumped the FSB and DRAM voltage a bit and have achieved stability.

Thanks so much for your help!
                we're glad it could work fine after all

G.S

Comment

Working...
                X