ASUS P7P55D-E + 2 sets of DDR 1600 4GB kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS P7P55D-E + 2 sets of DDR 1600 4GB kits

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have an ASUS P7P55D-E with 2 sets of DDR 1600 4GB kits (2x2GB, F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL), also a corei5 760 (2.8ghz) however, after installing them, I ran into two issues:
    1) both BIOS and windows show only 4GB usable memory. Windows (7 64bit) shows all 8 gb installed, but only 4gb is usable. I made sure that the memory is pushed down firmly in the slot. I did memtest on the 2 sets separately and didn't find any errors. I took a look at the sticky post in this forum but it looks like I need to manually set the voltages to get the memory to work with my board. I'm wondering if anyone has gotten this specific to work, if so I'd appreciate some pointers.
    2) no matter what combination of ram I put in (all 4x2GB, each of the 2x2GB kit), the BIOS shows the RAM as DDR3-1333, the product page for the RAM states that it's compatible with the motherboard (http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=222), I also looked at the motherboard manual, which suggests that CPU speeds of 2.8ghz and above supports DDR1600, so I'm not sure why the BIOS only shows DDR3-1333, I'm wondering if the RAM can run at DDR3-1600 without using XMP or some other overclock settings.

I'd appreciate any feedback, if it turns out getting the 2 sets of DDR3-1600 4GB kit to work on this board requires a lot of manual tweaking I'd rather return this and get another set that'll just plug and play. Thanks.

Davie,

Here you go;

Ai Tweaker
    CPU Level Up [disabled]
    AI Overclock Tuner [manual]
    CPU Ratio Setting [auto]
    Speed Step [disable for now]
    Turbo Tech [enable]
    Extreme Phase [auto]
    BCLK Frequency [auto]
    PCIe Frequency [auto]
    DRAM Frequency [1600]
    QPI Frequency [auto]
    OC Tuner [disabled if thats an option]

DRAM TIMING CONTROL
    CAS [9]
    RAS to CAS DELAY [9]
    RAS PRE TIME [9]
    RAS ACT TIME [24]

COMMAND RATE 2T

CPU Voltage Mode [actual]
    CPU Voltage [1.26v]
    IMC Voltage [1.15]
    DRAM Voltage [1.50v]
    CPU PLL Voltage [auto]
    PCH Voltage [1.10]

Anything I haven't specifically mentioned above should be left at BIOS defaults.

Save settings and exit. Run memtest. Good luck.
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

Working...
    X