Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL9 vs CL7

HI there,

I'm trying to figure out what memory is the best for me.
    I'm gonna user those mem sticks with GA-X58A-UD7 and i7 950.
    Now i have to choose between:
    F3-12800CL9T2-24GBRL 709euro
    F3-12800CL7T2-24GBTDD 921euro
    and those 2 are fully supported with my motherboard.

As far as i know CL7 can be ease overclocked. Am i right? What are other benefits?
    Is it worth it to pay extra money for CL7 for what i'm doing?

Whats i use my pc for?
    No games. No Windows.
    Still need good performance tough. I'm using mainly in my lab for virtualization. My current box E8400 and 8GB ram is no good.

Thanks for help.

Yes, to compare, the CL7 can do DDR3-2000 CL9 easy. The other RipJaws kit is only DDR3-1600 CL9. If you overclock to DDR3-2000, it will be CL10 with high voltage.

The advantage is simply performance, and that's why it is 200+ euro more!

So since you need performance, the CL7 will be worth it. Especially with that motherboard and CPU... virtualization will be MANY times better than your E8400 w 8GB. ;-)

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

HI there,

Thanks for quick reply. Now i have another question.
      Let say i'll buy F3-12800CL7T2-24GBTDD mem sticks. Is there possibility, that i could have problem with installation since i'm using Noctua D14 as my CPU cooler. This memory is quite tall. They would not fit, i'm not even say about fan, which is included in the kit

What you'r thinkin'?

Comment

Yep, the cooler will be too tall for full slots, so you will need a different cooler.

Thermalright Ultra 120, True Black, or Prolimatech Megahalem should all fit fine. You need a more compact cooler like these.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X