Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Compatible DDR3 for EP45T-UD3P

Hello -

I am trying to find a dual channel, 2x4GB DDR3 RAM kit for my motherboard (EP45T-UD3P rev 1.0 from Gigabyte).

I tried this kit: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231314

But the machine wouldn't even post to BIOS at all. After some research, this kit is just not compatible it seems, so I am RMA'ign it to NewEgg.

I have read a bit and found some folks who used this kit as of 2009: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...20140517095911

Can someone confirm compatibility or reco a compatible DDR3 kit for this motherboard? I am do not intend to OC heavily, or at all, just want to up to 8GB from 4GB. here is my current setup, which is now on Win7 (was XP).

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P Rev 1.0 (F7 BIOS)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHZ

CPU Cooler/Fan: OCZ Vendetta 2

Current RAM : OCZ Reaper Series PC3 14400 (PN OCZ3RPR18004GK) (8-8-8 @ 1.9v) - 2 x 2GB

GFX Card: GeForce GTX 280

PSU: PP&C Silencer 750 Quad

Case: NZXT Tempest with 3 intakes and 3 exhausts (big 'uns)

Thanks!

Dan

Yes, the DDR3-1333 model should work. You can not use DDR3-1600 because your CPU FSB is 1333MHz.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

THanks - will give it a shot

Comment

GSKILL TECH - I tried and was rewarded with the same behavior. NO BIOS, no System LED on front of case, CPU fan wont spin. Are you sure they are compatible?

Comment

Did you get a single sided kit (ICs only at one side of the modules)?
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

i bought what i posted int he link above...i cant say for certain due to heat shield but it looks like there are chips on both sides...from the shadows i can see anyway

Comment

if you look at the module from the side and/or below you should see it. If there is chips on both sides, then start with only one module installed. Does your system startup then, at default settings?

Comment

no it does not. i tried just one module in multiple slots to make sure it wasnt slot problem or something.

Comment

Thats odd, most 2Gbit ICs and modules using them should be compatible (i have tested the most common variants @ X48). You could try updating to a newer bios (don't forget to do a full manual CLR_CMOS), but thats more or less a shot in the dark on my end.

Comment

I am going to try tonight manually setting the RAM clock speed to 1066 in the BIOS before installing the modules...also manually setting DRAM V to 1.5 instead of leaving it on Auto. See if that gets me a boot...

Comment

no luck...GSKILL TECH - any thoughts here?

Tried the following:

1. setting to 3.20B only and 1.5 DRAM --> no boot
                      2. Setting to 3.20B and manually setting timing of 9-9-9-24 with 1.5 DRAM --> no boot
                      3. Setting to 3.20B and manually setting timing of 9-9-9-24 with 1.5 DRAM and clocking FSB up to 400 while down clocking CPU multiplier to 2.8GHz--> no boot

in between these attempts, the old RAM booted every time, and its max volt is 1.9 on the sticker

Comment

GSKILL TECH - I would really love some help since you claimed this RAM would be compatible....if I have to RMA it, it comes out of my pocket. (lets hope not) Thanks.

Comment

Maximize the tRFC setting for DRAM timings. If you can, post a picture and I can see if anything is incorrect.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I will try that.

Comment

No luck setting tRFC all the way up. Pics of M.I.T coming...

Comment

Working...
                              X