Me again, After RMA - Willing to pay for soultion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me again, After RMA - Willing to pay for soultion

Okay so what's going on: I'm not sure I'm being allocated all of my installed RAM.I could be mistaken I would just like someone to verify because It is bothering me A LOT!
    I will include some screen shots and as much info as I can.

I did RMA the sticks and no fix, could it be a mobo issue, a bios issue?

My current setup:
    Code:
    G.Skill Ripjaws F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL (DDR3-1866 PC3-14900 4096 x4)
    ASrock 990fx Extreme3 (not OC. Sata in AHCI for SSD)
    AMD FX-8350 4.0/4.2 MHz Black Edit.
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (system optimized for ssd {old setup b4 RMA was HDD})
    Corsair TX850M 850watt PSU
    MSI Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    And here is the link to my old thread before I sent in for RMA
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=12725

C;p:#:thon2.3

No need to pay anyone I don't think... looks to me like you have 16GB (which is what that kit offers) Every screeny you showed showed 16 gigs total... that virtual memory is nothing that matters (uses your harddrive ot fake memory and is terribly slow.). Only thing i see is your memory is running at 1600 mhz (well really close to it) which tells me its running at default timings... go into bios and enable XMP(could be DOCP on AMD board) (should be in maybe OC settings?) and everything should be fine. You show to have all of your memory at this moment. (the 13 GB in that screen shot is how much is currently NOT being used by the system)

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11742 will show you a little better exactly what to do.... settings are 1866 MHZ, and 9-10-9-28 timings
    Last edited by supahos; 10-24-2013, 08:15 AM.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Basically what supahos said. Plus, in most cases it is advisable to use system managed swap file sizes.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by supahos View Post
        No need to pay anyone I don't think... looks to me like you have 16GB (which is what that kit offers) Every screeny you showed showed 16 gigs total... that virtual memory is nothing that matters (uses your harddrive ot fake memory and is terribly slow.). Only thing i see is your memory is running at 1600 mhz (well really close to it) which tells me its running at default timings... go into bios and enable XMP(could be DOCP on AMD board) (should be in maybe OC settings?) and everything should be fine. You show to have all of your memory at this moment. (the 13 GB in that screen shot is how much is currently NOT being used by the system)

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11742 will show you a little better exactly what to do.... settings are 1866 MHZ, and 9-10-9-28 timings
        WONDERFUL!
        Okay, so here is my other problem, when i load up the xmp with everything else on auto (half the time i cant get it set to ddr1866) it beeps a bunch of times and reverts to previous uefi bios setting. Im never buying asrock again.

But then again I know nothing about OCing, can anyone reffer to to a guide (i know there are many guides out there but i want the go-to "bible guide" for starting off.

Ive been spending the past week play with my ssd and video card havent had time to OC my bios. Plus i just got a new cooler master hyper 212 evo

much love gskill guys. Ill work my hardest to research!

Comment

And on the subject of virtual RAM, I use virtualbox and is that the type of ram it uses or does vram just make a bigger pagefile?+

edit: p.s. Don't buy samsung SSDs if you run amd chipset. Their software doesnt play well with us amd folk. nvidia and intel are fine though, sorry for rambling on.
          Last edited by bhash; 10-24-2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Virtual box uses regular ram, virtual ram is your comouter using your hard drive to do rams job when you run out of ram (very slow) shouldnt be an issue for u. That link in my previous post should explain a couple of voltage tweeks that will fix your issue... i think bump cpu/nb voltage a tad
            ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Thanks i appreciate it, now i understand why my ssd software wanted to make a minimum 200mb and max 1gb vram pagefile. Ill test out some different setting and let you know, thank you for the advice. Do you work for g.skill or just a very helpful professional?

Comment

Nope i'm an accountant in private practice... just like to help when i can. I know how annoying it is to be stuck with things notworking

Comment

Originally posted by bhash View Post
                  Okay, so here is my other problem, when i load up the xmp with everything else on auto (half the time i cant get it set to ddr1866) it beeps a bunch of times and reverts to previous uefi bios setting. Im never buying asrock again.
                  Can you please take a screenshot of the timings you mainboard wants to apply, when you enable xmp?

Maybe it is just one or two settings that are a bit off for AMD. The XMP is an Intel Extreme Memory Profile after all and not exactly taylored for AM3 or FM*.
                  Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
                  X