2 X 2GB 4GBPack 1066 rated will not run 1066 stable on ASUS M4N72-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 X 2GB 4GBPack 1066 rated will not run 1066 stable on ASUS M4N72-E

I recently purchased the gigabyte 790x mobo and had problems with my memory running at their native 1066 speed,memtest no prblems at 800 freq on the ram,bump it to 1066 and all hell breaks loose,BSOD you to death. Even after I went through the sticky walkthrough for the gigabyte 790X board memory timings but still blue screens before I can get ot the desktop. So I rma'd the board and got a Asus m4n72, I can get to my desktop with this board and same memory @ 1066 but crashes out memtest. Its almost as if this is mislabeled memory 800 with a tag that says 1066 on them. I am very close to rma'ing these modules and giving up on gskill after 3 years of use with many other machines. I dunno what the problem is,but I am surely tired and done forking out money for replacement boards when it ends up being the ram. Nowadays I have to go through all these guides when I used to and should still be able to pop them in on auto and be good to go at recommended stock speeds,never had a problem until now. All of the sudden I have to mess with my timings and all this other crap. What gives??

The memory you purchased is faster than the JEDEC maximum standard for your motherboard. The default value is DDR2-800, so anything above that you will have to manually configure in your BIOS.

Have you set memory frequency to 1066? Increased memory voltage to 2.1V? Change memory timings to tCL 5 - tRCD 5 - tRD 5 - TRAS 15 - CMD 2? The main one is the voltage since the motherboard default is 1.8V and that's way too low to operate this memory properly and as a result you will get tons of BSODs and errors if it is not set at 2.1V.

If you are having issues, no problem, just post up what you have tried and the results and we will be more than glad to help you solve your issue. This is what the forum is for. =)

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Yes,yes and heres a copy of the memtest error

I will post some bios pics if need be,there is an extra timing or two that Im not familiar with

Comment

^This was after a couple of hours of memtest^,I cant get 30 seconds into memtest @ 1066 before I get this V Voltage is at 2.1

Im stumped

Comment

Try testing each memory module individually to see if there is a defective stick. It should show immediate error or not post at all if there is an issue with the memory. If both are OK, try increasing Northbridge voltage to 1.3V to see if that will stabilize the system. Let me know how that goes.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            Try testing each memory module individually to see if there is a defective stick. It should show immediate error or not post at all if there is an issue with the memory. If both are OK, try increasing Northbridge voltage to 1.3V to see if that will stabilize the system. Let me know how that goes.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT
            I did,both worked well alone...at 800,same thing as when paired will not run 1066 without error. Im not messing with my nb frequencies,Im just trying to run stock not overclock =)

So I bought a 4gbpk set of the kingston hyper x with the fin hs's,popped them in and set my mem freq to auto + voltage to suggested 2.2 ,everything else to auto and needless to say,I had not 1 error after 2 1/2 hours of memtest

Comment

So you did not test them at 1066? If they are throwing errors individually at 1066, then you will need to send them back for new replacements.

Your new sticks are testing fine, but they are way out of spec. Timings are 5-7-7-24.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
              X