Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different between GBZH, GBZL, GBXLD & GTXD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different between GBZH, GBZL, GBXLD & GTXD?

I've been using Corsair RAM for long time and now I want to try G. Skill for my new Z77 IB set up.

I noticed some 2133 F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH on sale. Can someone share with me that what is the different between GBZH, GBZL, GBXLD & GTXD please?

Of those you mention the first two are both Ripjaws Z models, the difference between the two (the ending H and ending L) are an indicator of potential OC ability, the Zs were designed with the socket 2011 and X79 chipset in mind, but, as with all the GSkill sets will be fine with the Z77 chipset. The next set the Ripjaws X was originally designed for the socket 1155 and the 2nd gen Intel CPUs i.e. the 25, 26, 2700K CPUs, these also work well with the Z77 and the 3rd gen CPUs like the 3570K and 3770K. The last set, the Tridents were designed specifically for the Z77/socket 1155 and to be paired with the 3570K/3770K which has a stronger MC and is capable of DRAM up to 2800 in freq. I'm currently running 32GB of the 2133/CL9 Ripjaws X sticks at 2200 in my Z77/3570K combo, and have also run 16GB sets of the 2133/9 Snipers, and 16GB 2133/CL9 Ripjaws Z on this combo, all work fine

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Of those you mention the first two are both Ripjaws Z models, the difference between the two (the ending H and ending L) are an indicator of potential OC ability, the Zs were designed with the socket 2011 and X79 chipset in mind, but, as with all the GSkill sets will be fine with the Z77 chipset. The next set the Ripjaws X was originally designed for the socket 1155 and the 2nd gen Intel CPUs i.e. the 25, 26, 2700K CPUs, these also work well with the Z77 and the 3rd gen CPUs like the 3570K and 3770K. The last set, the Tridents were designed specifically for the Z77/socket 1155 and to be paired with the 3570K/3770K which has a stronger MC and is capable of DRAM up to 2800 in freq. I'm currently running 32GB of the 2133/CL9 Ripjaws X sticks at 2200 in my Z77/3570K combo, and have also run 16GB sets of the 2133/9 Snipers, and 16GB 2133/CL9 Ripjaws Z on this combo, all work fine
      Tman,

Thanks for the education here. May I ask what is the different perhaps what I will see and notice between Ripjaws Z and Tridents?

As an example how big of the different between
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231503
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231588

FYI I've Asus P8Z77 V-Pro MB, I do not see any Tridents as an approved DRAM below just Ripjaws. Thanks.
      http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...memory-QVL.pdf
      Last edited by hlkc; 05-22-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

If you look at sets of the same basic timings and frequency, you may see a slight advantage in performance with the Tridents as they are designed for the Z77 chipset and 3rd gen CPUs, i.e. 3570K, 3770K CPUs. I haven't had a chance to play with any yet, but while they come in lower freqs also they are targeted towards the higher freq sets

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tman,

I understand that Ripjaws X, Z and Trident X will work in my Z77 IB build. Sorry I am still a bit loss here that Trident X is specially designed for the Z77 instead of the Ripjaws X and Z designed not just for Z77 but for few others in mind. But what excatly the different will be assuming they are same timings and voltage. Or are you saying that the Trident X will be a better bet in this case?

I have my eye on http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=512&c1=&c2=
          but for the discount price going on with this http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=438
          it is twice of that and I like to hear form you that how big of the different I will see.

Much appreciated your help in this matter in advance!

Comment

Your in a bit of the same position I was in, The Tridents are faster 2400 vs 2133 except I was looking at the 32GB set and the Tridents are a bit pricier, so I looked to the freq timings, which are again similar to what you see Tridents 2400/CL10 vs 2133/CL9. The Tridents will have more bandwidth, but if you can OC the 2133 Ripjaws to 2400, it will more than likely be at CL10, then you'd be looking at either set running at 2400/CL10 so basically equal.....Next item up will be if the 2133 Ripjaws can run 2400, my set can but I had to go to to a loose CL11, performance was close but the Tridents were better, right now I'm happy at 2200, with relatively tight CL9 (9-10-10-28) timings which are close to 2400/10 performance wise, can see it in benchmarks, but that's about the only place

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X