need help setting up ddr2-1066

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help setting up ddr2-1066

hello i got a A770DE+ mobo AMD phenon 2 x2 565 BE 3.4ghz CPU unlocked to a AMD Phenom 2 x4 B65 BE 3.4ghz and 8GB of ddr2-1066 F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B ram

my issues is i set my ram from auto to DDR2-1066 in the bios and all i get is blue screens randomly and runs slow and i set it back from ddr2-1066 back to auto and the blue screens dissapper and it runs faster so how do i set up my pc to keep the ram stable in DDR2-1066 mode

With 4 sticks will want DRAM voltage up at 2.1 (maybe a bit higher) and will need to raise the CPU/NB voltage + .06 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i never overclocked before and i tryed to raise dram voltage but it goes 2.14v there is no opition for 2.10v and i looked in my amd overdrive and my voltage still is at 2.08v after raising it to 2.14v and on the cpu/nb i have no idea how to raise it

i figured out how to raise the cpu snd nb voltages
      cpu 1.400 to 1.4125
      nb .1.200 to 1.2125
      dram voltages auto to 2.14
      memory clock auto to ddr2-1066
      and still got a bluescreen im so confused on what to do
      Last edited by Tomlintm; 01-22-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

CPU/NB voltage is in the BIOS, need to boot into the BIOS to change it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

[QUOTE=Tomlintm;52934]i never overclocked before and i tryed to raise dram voltage but it goes 2.14v there is no opition for 2.10v and i looked in my amd overdrive and my voltage still is at 2.08v after raising it to 2.14v and on the cpu/nb i have no idea how to raise it

i figured out how to raise the cpu snd nb voltages
          cpu 1.400 to 1.4125
          nb .1.200 to 1.2125
          dram voltages auto to 2.14
          memory clock auto to ddr2-1066
          and still got a bluescreen im so confused on what to do

Comment

May want to run Memtest on each stick individually to see if a bad stick shows, it takes a long time to run the whole test so may want to try initially on each stick about 6 passes. Also, if you could post your BIOS settings we'll take a look and see if we see anything that looks out of whack

Tman

Comment

i did a memory test and came back as no errors and i will post pics later

btw im running windows vista 64 bit home premium if that helps any

Comment

Im running 4 sticks just under 1066 and at CL4...eveything is on 1:1 divider. so my FSB is waay up there.

the MCH needs to be stable. my CPUCore is 1.3 amd MCH voltage is 1.36 i think vs 1.2 default. MCH with standard heatsink will get Very hot, but i have very upgraded cooling too. I didnt even overvolt the ram yet. use a 1:1 divider as itll reduce the strain on the MCH. you sacrifice some DRAM clock, but compensate with lower timings.

Last edited by jh4db536; 01-22-2012, 11:18 PM.
                http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1421077.png

Comment

Originally posted by jh4db536 View Post
                  Im running 4 sticks just under 1066 and at CL4...eveything is on 1:1 divider. so my FSB is waay up there.

the MCH needs to be stable. my CPUCore is 1.3 amd MCH voltage is 1.36 i think vs 1.2 default. MCH with standard heatsink will get Very hot, but i have very upgraded cooling too. I didnt even overvolt the ram yet. use a 1:1 divider as itll reduce the strain on the MCH. you sacrifice some DRAM clock, but compensate with lower timings.

Oh i see my ram heatsinks are huge when i got them and i dont plan to over clock my pc at all just get my ram running at the proper speed at what i bought them for thats all and my fsb pn the mobo is 2600mhz

Comment

Not sure what the spec on your cpu is at the moment, but to run at 1066 ddr2, that means you're running a 533mhz base clock (533 x 2 = 1066) unless you're using dividers (another complication).

The stock base clock on my q9550 is 333 vs the 466 that I'm running; I'm going to assume your amd is in the similar ballpark (they are a little different).

You are definitely overclocking something to run the ram at its rated speed hence the difficulty of getting to work. I am not running at 1066...only ddr2 933

with cl4 timing, I do not expect to be able to get to 533 base clock. 333 vs 533 is a 60% overclock which is very extreme for a non extreme cpu and entry level motherboard. My current 466 vs 333 is a 39% which is very good already. I think I could get to make 480 but I could be sacrificing stability for small marginal benefit.

I am on water, my cpu and chipsets on the motherboard are watercooled. There's no way I can push the mch that hard on air with 4 sticks, I've tried and failed.

Comment

What specs u looking on my pc

Comment

Wikied phenom x2 565 says it has base clock of 200mhz with multiplier of 17 (200x 17=3.4ghz)

I'm pretty sure some divider is active because to get a 533 from 200 base clock with 1:1 ratio doesn't sound very realistic. With dividers you can deviate fsb ram from the base clock if one becomes unstable before the other. Having a divider that's not 1:1 introduces instability too.

I don't know enough about amd to help you much further, but what I want to say is, getting your ram to run at 1066 is requiring overclocking. Just because the ram is rated at that speed doesn't mean the rest of the system is absolutely capable with default settings.

Start lower like 850 and see if you can work towards 1066. When you hit the wall, try to lower timings and that's the best you can do.
                        Last edited by jh4db536; 01-23-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Oh i see well for me overclocking not going to happen bc me not nowing much about overclocking will risk me in messing somthing up so i guess i will stick with 400x2 by defualt for my ram bc its still seems faster then my other gskill ram pc2-6400 which i will still use in a nother bulid im doing now thats going to become a 1tb storage server in the house lol so i guess its offical that my desktop is done for now untill i start upgrading it again lol

Thanks you for ur help btw
                          Last edited by Tomlintm; 01-24-2012, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Ok i desided to try to over clock my pc for the ram and it seems stable at 533x2 here is what i set it to

Overclock mode auto to optimized
                            Ram clock auto to DDR2-1066
                            Dram voltage auto to 2.201
                            Cpu voltage 1.4000 to 1.4250
                            NB voltage 1.2000 to 1.2250
                            NB freq 2000 x10 to 2200 x11

So i will keep u upto date ok jh4db536

Comment

Ok nvm i give up it bluescreens and frozes up in windows i dont want to risk much harm anymore so im leaving it on 400x2 for the ram

Comment

Working...
                              X