F1-3200phu2-2gbns and f1-4000usu2-2gbhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1-3200phu2-2gbns and f1-4000usu2-2gbhz

I cannot get these 2 kits to work together regardless of timing or voltage, I can get them to work seperately at factory settings but they will not work together at any timings or voltage I cannot post with all 4gb installed. Have tried 2.6v, 2.70 and 2.80v and no luck. Tried timings of 2.5 3 3 5 , 2 3 3 6, and 3 4 4 8 and I cannot get the system to POST with both kits installed. have tried clearing cmos via winflash and mainboard jumper, please advise

Model of the motherboardfi nf4 Ultra-D
    Model of the memory: F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS AND F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ
    Model of the CPU: Opteron 165

Mixing sets can be problematic, it's generally easier with older sticks, but still can try and mix sets that don't want to play....you're trying to mix sticks of different freq and different base timings I'd try the 3200 sticks in 1-3 and the other pair is slots 2-4, with timings of 3-4-4-8 and voltage at 2.75, will prob need an increase on the voltage for the MC and I'm not sure what it is called on your mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No dice raised voltages across the board for everything but cpu, (did LDT, Northbridge set ram at 2.80 2.75 not an option for me), I would've gladly bought another set of F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ if it was still on the market, but it seems as if I have done nothing more than downgrade my wallet and now have 2 working sets of ram that just won't work together. Attached copy of Timings CPU-z reports

Edit: these timings are from F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS kit from what you suggested Tradesman but system will not post with both kits installed hanging on memory light every time

Comment

Could try CR (Command Rate/Timing)at 2T, CPU-Z shows it at 1T

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Now I can get the system to boot with all 4 sticks at 2T but both windows and the BIOS only report 2gb being installed, cpuz shows all 4gb being installed

Have tried 2gbns in 1 and 3, 2gbhz in 1 and 3 and upping volts across the board same results every time, memory hole remapping is enabled

Edit : I just read a post on another forum about using SPD Tool to Reflash the Hz with the Ns SPD info, what do you think about this Tradesman
          Last edited by kanbeki; 07-08-2012, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Rewrote Spd values of Hz with ns and now everything is working great, kind of an extreme measure but I will be installing 7x64 tonight thanks for the help

Comment

No problem, , sounds like you've got a handle on it

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X