Importing profiles???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing profiles???

I just did the new update and lost all my settings but I did a full backup using Export all profiles and settings button. How do you restore the profiles now??? I can't even restore the profiles one at at time because the file extensions don't match what the export did. What is the purpose of exporting profiles if you cant re-import them?

Does anyone even use this forum?

Comment

seems like only users of this bad software use this forum im very disappointed about that

i wish we could have quick support

Comment

Fenixtxrbf,

To import the profiles, you have to export it in the same place. For example, if you export a macro, you have to import from the macro menu, not the profile menu.

Please also note that there may be changes in the firmware that updates functionality, so exported files may not work as expected if the versions are vastly different (like from 0.38 to 0.106).

In any case, the file extensions should be the same and has not been changed. If you are having trouble with the re-importing of exported files, please email techsupport@gskill.com with your export files and software/firmware version, and they can help you check if something is off.

Thank you.

Comment

Yes, I understand importing a macro from the macro menu. But where do you import profiles to?

When you do the export you get 3 folders; Lighting Profiles, Macros, and Profiles.

How do you import profiles? Inside the Profile folder it shows more folders of each created profile and inside those folders are only xml and ini files. Not the .profile the profile menu is looking to import.

How would I import a custom color keyboard layout I did when you cannot load a profile from the full export?

Also the export was from the August build so the version was only 1 upgrade.
          Last edited by fenixtxrbf; 10-25-2016, 11:39 AM.

Comment

If you used the "Export All Profiles and Settings" function in the software settings menu, where you select the language, then you'd get those three folders.

The fastest and easiest way to restore is to go to the following directory in the C drive, where the current software settings are located. Please exit and quit the software when making changes to this directory.
            C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\G_SKILL\G.SKIL L RIPJAWS %productname%\

(where %productname% is KM780 MX, KM780 RGB, or MX780)

Copy in the backup files into the directory above, and then reload the software, and you should be able to restore your configurations.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have trouble in any of the above steps.

Comment

Thank you, copying the files worked.

I think there should be a way to import them from the program just like there is a way to export them.
              Last edited by fenixtxrbf; 11-04-2016, 07:26 AM.

Comment

We'll let our keyboard team know about your feedback, and see if they can come up with a way to do that.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X