Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driver 0.100/55 has broken UK keyboard layout!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver 0.100/55 has broken UK keyboard layout!

In 0.87 I complained that the tilde/hash (~/#) key would not illuminate in single key/background mode.

I have updated to 0.100/55 and not only does it still not illuminate but the '/@ key no longer works. Instead it has inherited the (~/#) characters so I now have *TWO* keys that type (~/#)
    This is a major *SHOWSTOPPER* bug and I will have to roll back to 0.87.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling/reflashing the 0.100 driver and also tried resetting in the KM780 RGB software to no avail. The locale says UI Language is English(UK) and the layout is UK. Windows 10 regional settings are all set to UK.

EDIT: I have rolled back to 0.87 and reset and the keys turned all white and I was able to type ('/@) using that key. But as soon as I closed the dialog the keyboard went back to wave color mode and I could only type (~/#) using that key. 0.100 appears to have broken my ('/@) completely.

EDIT2: I tested using a Logitech keyboard and an Advent keyboard and the ('/@) key works correctly. The KM780 ('/@) will only send characters (~/#)
    Last edited by DeadMan3000; 05-31-2016, 05:54 PM.

I have temporarily remapped the incorrect keys which turns out to be that (`/¬) and ('/@) are incorrectly swapped on the UK layout. The (#/~) key continues not to light up though in single color mode.

Please fix these problems!

Comment

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please see the following thread to downgrade the keyboard firmware if you are looking to revert back to software version 0.87.

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...9081#post79081

Comment

For now I have remapped the keys by swapping (`/¬) for ('/@) and visa versa until the developers sort this mess out. The unlit (#/~) in single color mode remains however. Please pass that along.

Comment

New update software version 0.102 has fixed EU language layout key issues. Please download here.

Comment

The character layout is fixed but the ('/@) key is *STILL* not lighting up in single color mode! How many times do I have to let you guys know!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadMan3000 View Post
              The character layout is fixed but the ('/@) key is *STILL* not lighting up in single color mode! How many times do I have to let you guys know!
              Yeah I have the same problem with the UK layout, the # key is not lighting in single colour mode.

It seems like a very simple fix, i have no idea what's taking them so long to fix it on a keyboard that cost over £100.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry about the delayed fix for this issue. The patch for this is being worked on as we speak. To confirm, the second key to the right of the "L" key was unlit in our tests in the UK layouts.

If it's not the same key, please do try a profile reset in the driver setting (wrench icon).

Comment

Working...
                X