X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KM780 RGB Bug & Feature Request

Hello,

Bug Report:

I am using the KM780 RGB with Windows 7. When I use the "MR" key to record a macro it automatically records delays. I cannot remove the delays after the fact using the keyboard software. It says they are removed, however, they persist.

Feature Request:

Create option to record macros without delay using the "MR" key.

System Specs:
    CPU: 4770k
    MOBO: z97-a
    Ram: 8GB DDR3 (1866mhz)
    GFX: GTX 780
    Keyboard: KM780 RGB (Firm: 60, Soft: .107)
    Mouse: Logitech G600

Regards,

Me
    Last edited by KM780 RGB; 01-01-2017, 06:25 PM. Reason: fix ram speed

Please double check that after you changed it in the Macro manager, that the macro was reassigned to the key by going to the "Customize" menu, and then clicking on the key and choose your macro again and click "OK". Changes might not take effect until it's been reassigned by clicking "OK" in the key assignments. Then make sure to click on "Save to device memory" under profiles on the left side.

Try again, and if it doesn't help, please export just the macro, and send it to us at techsupport@gskill.com. We'll have our tech team check it out if there's anything wrong or if it's a bug we need to fix. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
      Please double check that after you changed it in the Macro manager, that the macro was reassigned to the key by going to the "Customize" menu, and then clicking on the key and choose your macro again and click "OK". Changes might not take effect until it's been reassigned by clicking "OK" in the key assignments. Then make sure to click on "Save to device memory" under profiles on the left side.

Try again, and if it doesn't help, please export just the macro, and send it to us at techsupport@gskill.com. We'll have our tech team check it out if there's anything wrong or if it's a bug we need to fix. Thanks!
      Not working.

Side note (Feature Request/Bug):

When you assign a text block to a gkey it copies to the clipboard...
      When I want change bulk names of files I use the gkey(text, because recording macro has delays) to add the common first part of a file name, then insert copied text. This is not easily done when you utilize the clipboard, removing what I have previously copied. Also, please increase the limit on macros.

I will try the e-mail address.

Thanks!
      Last edited by KM780 RGB; 01-03-2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

There are two types of macros. One is key macros (Macros > Macros), and the other is text macros (Macros > Text).

The "MR" is for on-the-fly recording a key macro, meaning that you can record macros even without the software. So it's unfortunate that this feature will likely continue to record with a delay. We will let the keyboard team know that it would be better if it can be set to have no delays, and see if they can add an option for that.

Text macro is for large amounts of text, where it would be inefficient if it's fed through the keyboard input buffer if it's a long paragraph and would likely cause problems.

For your use, please record your macro inside the software under "Macros > Macros", where you can set "No Delay", so that when you record your macro inside the software, it will have no delays. Then go to the "Customize" menu and assign a selected key (e.g. "G1") by clicking on it and choosing "Macro" from the dropdown menu, and selecting the macro you recorded under "Assign Macro". And finally, click on "Save to Device Memory".

We received an email through tech support with no body text, but a single attachment of exported text macro. Please check that email for an attachment. We've exported a key macro for your reference. All you have to do is to go to "Macros > Macros", click on the gear icon under the macro name, choose to import the file, go to "Customize" menu, then assign a key with the macro, and then make sure to click "Save to Device Memory". That last step is important. Otherwise, settings will not take effect. This macro will type the word "folder" with no delay. This macro was created by recording through the "MR" key, then edited through the Macros menu, and applied to the "G1" key (after "Save to Device Memory") for testing.

-----
        We are working on increasing the key macro limits. It will be raised in a future update.

-----
        If you're renaming lots of files and it's systematic, may we recommend a software, rather than manually copy/paste/type. Ant Renamer is a pretty good file renaming software that has tons of functions and features (text replace, text insert, sequential numbering, timestamp, etc.), is an open sourced free software, and is available in a portable version.
        (http://www.antp.be/software/renamer/download)

Comment

Working...
        X