Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Few Suggestions & Problems - To Make GSkill Keyboard s BETTER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Suggestions & Problems - To Make GSkill Keyboard s BETTER!

First of all I have Km780r mx brown red led keyboard. And while I press some keys, I hear spring noises (Like when you compress a spring) but not all of them. For example R key does not produce spring noise but many of others do. Why it is like this?
    Is this a faulty keyboard or is it ok? (Bought from amazon) What about warranty? I live in Turkey do I need to ship it back to US? It would cost more than keyboard itself.

And other suggestions:
    • Set volume slider led brightness according to key background brightness levels. In my case if I click brightness button, volume led only flickers.
    • Add a software option for system language change macro. Similar to ALT + SHIFT but direct set rather than a switch.
    • When I installed the software, it tried to update firmware but said FAILED although keyboard got restarded. There is not any problem right now and if I now open firmware update app, it immediately closes. I think firmware updated successfully but it just said FAILED.
    • Add a software option to set volume slider sensitivity. Currently it changes +2 -2.
    • There must be indicator for Volume Mute. I think it would be good if mute key`s led turns on when volume muted. Or the exact opposite.
    • Change name of App.exe to a related name.
    • Sometimes if you connect usb soundcard and then unplug it, volume level indicator gets stucked.

I hope these suggestions will make GSkill keyboards better. Thank you.

If you bought from Amazon and you're not able to send it to the US, then we would only be able to accept the RMA through our headquarters in Taiwan for warranty replacements.

Thank you for your suggestions. We will pass this on to our software team.

A few comments/questions:
    • When I installed the software, it tried to update firmware but said FAILED although keyboard got restarded. There is not any problem right now and if I now open firmware update app, it immediately closes. I think firmware updated successfully but it just said FAILED.

> This might happen if there's an interruption toward the end of the update. But if keyboard functions seem to be not working correctly even with the same setting, you can try reflashing a lower firmware version, then updating it again to the current version. The instructions for reflashing firmware is here: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14111
    Also, if the firmware is already the current or a newer version, then the update program would detect it and just close on its own. We will talk to the software team to see if we can make this clearer in future updates.

• Sometimes if you connect usb soundcard and then unplug it, volume level indicator gets stucked.

> Can you let us know your Windows version and the USB sound card model?

Thanks.
    Last edited by G.SKILL; 12-04-2016, 06:55 PM. Reason: Additional information

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
      If you bought from Amazon and you're not able to send it to the US, then we would only be able to accept the RMA through our headquarters in Taiwan for warranty replacements.

Thank you for your suggestions. We will pass this on to our software team.

A few comments/questions:

> This might happen if there's an interruption toward the end of the update. But if keyboard functions seem to be not working correctly even with the same setting, you can try reflashing a lower firmware version, then updating it again to the current version. The instructions for reflashing firmware is here: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14111
      Also, if the firmware is already the current or a newer version, then the update program would detect it and just close on its own. We will talk to the software team to see if we can make this clearer in future updates.

> Can you let us know your Windows version and the USB sound card model?

Thanks.
      Can`t I pass it to local distributor (Turkey) for rma instead of sending to Taiwan? Corsair accepts this way but most cases they don`t even need the keyboard at all, they just send replacement if shipping cost is more than keyboard itself

USB Soundcard model -> XMOS U8 and driver is TUSBAudio

Comment

We'll have to talk to the RMA department regarding the specifics on RMA, if it comes to that. If we remember correctly, internationally purchased items are typically a bit more hassle than locally purchased items, especially if there's no documentation of import/export. Let us know and we can try to get it sorted out if you decide to RMA.

In any case, the keyboard sounds like it's working properly (no firmware-specific issues), so the firmware update was completed properly even if it gave an error message. And we'll ask our keyboard team regarding the USB sound card. But based on what we know at the moment, the keyboard's volume display directly syncs with Windows volume settings, so if an audio output device is removed while the system is running, the volume display might not be able to sync because the audio output device is no longer present. Similar to how if you switch stereo mode to 5.1 mode while audio is playing, then the audio cuts out even if the media player is still playing the file.

Comment

We just asked the RMA department for you. Unfortunately, if a product is not locally purchased, then you'd either have to request RMA 1) with the retailer in the country of original purchase or 2) directly with G.SKILL Taiwan, G.SKILL US, or G.SKILL Netherlands (EU only).

Comment

Two suggestions, if I can add to this. Unfortunately mine are hardware related, so it would be more of new version for future thoughts.

1. Volume roller lights should be RGB (hardware) or atleast be able to turn them off (software) because it's only red led clashes with other color schemes.
            2. Take the notch out of the wrist rest! While it looks cool and a great visual design, it is directly below the right Alt button which right where your palm sets when typing. That's real bad.

Fairly solid keyboard so far though.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback gatorNIC,

1. Volume roller lights being RGB will definitely be considered in future hardware revisions, but the disable option is currently in queue for future updates.
              2. We hear you on this one as well. I believe this one is also one of the things that'll be changed for a next revision.

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
              X