Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-F2A88XN-WIFI (Incompatible memory Kit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-F2A88XN-WIFI (Incompatible memory Kit)

Hi, everyone I would appreciate any help/suggestions you could give me. I am a noob when it comes to over clocking and memory kit manual setup. I have built many gaming systems over the years. I forgot to look at the compatibility list for my mother board I have never had this issue before.

My Rig:
    Gigabyte (GA-F2A88XN-Wifi) motherboard (DDR3 32gig max memory, 2133mhz )
    AMD (A10 7850K) 4.0 GHZ max turbo 95w FM2+ socket
    G.Skill (Snipper F3-2133C10D-16GSR (CL 10-12-12-31 1.6v))
    Silverstone SFX 450 watts PSU

Problem:
    My memory kit is showing up in Bios and CPU-Z as physically being there. The memory kit will not stabilize. It shows up as 8gig single channel or 16gig Duel channel. 16gig dual channel kit may work for a while and then freeze up and when I reboot, it shows up as 8gig single channel. I have no problem reaching my target speed of 2133mhz. I have not tried any lower speeds.

What I have tried:
    1. Replaced motherboard (Same Model)– no change
    2. Moved ram around to different slots – Both work fine in single mode
    3. Installed ram individually - Both work fine in single mode
    4. I have tried XMT settings – no change

I am assuming I should be able to setup the 16gig memory kit manually and not use auto settings set by the Bios. I am putting my system together on a tight budget and I would like to get the 16gig kit to work if possible.

Try increasing CPU-NB Voltage to see if that improves stability. The memory should be installed in the same color slots furthest away from the CPU.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I will give it a try. I will do some home work to find out how to change the core-nb in the Bios. Is there a max voltage? Thx

Comment

Try DDR3-1866 first, then if you can get that stable, work upwards to DDR3-2133. CPU-NB Voltage can be increased as long as it is effective. Max is usually around 1.40V, but depending how extreme you are attempting, whether your CPU is even capable, and whether you have good enough cooling for it if it can be stable.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

i have tried Profile 1, Profile 2 and made ajustments up to 1.4v on CPU-NB. (1.3v) It worked for about 45 min and then dropped out and froze. Only responded once on volt change. Does anyone have some more suggestions to try?

Comment

Originally posted by stevenjr View Post
            Installed ram individually - Both work fine in single mode
            Also with the XMP enabled?
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
              Also with the XMP enabled?
              Yes, I had XMP Enabled at the time of CPU-NB testing. Should I have the profiles disabled and set ram kit manualy?

Comment

Well if both sticks run flawless @ XMP settings in any of the two slots individually, i would say thats a good start.

Are you somewhat comfortable with manual timings and voltages?
                Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
                  Are you somewhat comfortable with manual timings and voltages?
                  They do work great great with XMP enabled individually.
                  I am comfortable working in the bios. I do not know much about OC. Just the basics. I am a quick learner, if you dont mind walking me through it and or guide me in the right direction. Thx

Comment

Hi, please can you help me? I have the same motherboard ( I have 3 motherbord of the same kind), and 3 kit of [Ares] F3-2133C11D-16GAR. One kit old and 2 brand new.
                    If I put 2 stick of the new kit @2133 i miss 8 GB of Ram like the user here.... It' doesn't append with the old kit... I don't think the Ram are for RMA because it appends with boot of the 2 new kit... So is it there some issue with 2133 and the A88X chipset? Because I read tha appends also with other brand of memory and with other kind and brand of motherboard...
                    There is lot of users that have issues with ram @ 1866 or 2133... So what to do?
                    Thanks.

Please can you tell me the timings of the F3-2133C11D-16GAR @1600?

Comment

There is no issue other than the need to give CPU-NB a boost to stabilize. But if you mix match two separate kits of RAM, it can be they are not matching well enough to run at full speed. In a case like this you need to try 1866 or 1600 to see if they can work together at all.

Many people have issues because this requires some experience, it is not a plug and play system. if DDR3-1333 or DDR3-1600 then the system is much easier to set up.

DDR3-1600 you can try 9-9-9-24 1.50V, then even lower if stable.

Comment

Ok, thanks.... I have all the motherboards, with 2 slots of ram so I can put only 2 stick for time. It was only to tell you that I don't think is a ram issue, because I found it on both kits... Anyway I have another motherboard same kind with same kit of memory bought some weeks ago and I don't have any problem... and the northbridge woltage is also lower than the case I was telling before... This motherboard is powered also wit a 150W Pico PSU... so I don't understand why:
                        1-One motherboard with older ram @2133 (same model and kind of the new 2 kits) and lower NB voltage, lower psu power NO Issues...
                        2-Same kind of motherboard with one of the NEW kit of ram @2133 and higher NB voltage, bigger psu power, and I have Issues... Why??????
                        May be the 2 new kits of ram and the older one don't have the same memory chips??? Because the motherboards are the same, the cpu the same, the memory the same ecc....

Another thing: This Ram here:
                        http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-1600c9d-16gar

Are fisically the same of mine but aren't certificated for speeds above 1600 like mine that are for 2133??? But the ram outside the certification is the same? Please tell me the true.
                        Thanks.
                        Last edited by stefan33; 12-01-2016, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? We can only assume there is a difference in chips that may cause compatibility issues with the BIOS.

Yes, each kit is tested and guaranteed to run at rated specs. 2133 chips have been tested to be capable of a higher frequency compared to the 1600 chips. That's why usually have to pay more because it is better.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                            Do you have the latest BIOS? We can only assume there is a difference in chips that may cause compatibility issues with the BIOS.

Yes, each kit is tested and guaranteed to run at rated specs. 2133 chips have been tested to be capable of a higher frequency compared to the 1600 chips. That's why usually have to pay more because it is better.
                            I have the latests bios. You think there is a difference in the chips of the memory? You means from the old kit to the 2 news kits?
                            But I read a lot over internet of people that with other motherboard brand and other memory type and brand have the same issue too... Anyway, if I set the memory to 1600 i solve the issue like all the other people solve their issues. I don't tink is a issue of a memory... I think it depends from the combination of A88X chipset, AMD Apu and memory over 1600/1866.... and DUAL Channel.
                            What do you think? Why people try different hardware @2133 and did't solve the issue??? Maybe someone solve it (or think to solve) but in most of the case the issues randomly persist......
                            Thank you.
                            Last edited by stefan33; 12-06-2016, 01:28 AM.

Comment

No answer???

Comment

Working...
                              X