No manufacturer of RAM - Can't open G.Skill app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No manufacturer of RAM - Can't open G.Skill app

My PC specs : B350 tomahawk , ryzen 1700 , G.skill tridentz f4-3200c16d-16gtzr 2x8 .
    RGB led still work (rainbow default) , even no error in memtest , work fine in games , ,softwares .... . But Boardexplorer in Bios read DIMM 4 is N/A (not G.Skill) . Same in CPU-Z .
    Anyone help ?
    I also can't open G.Skill app , every single time i open it - nothing happen
    Last edited by lucifa312; 04-11-2017, 05:30 AM.

SPD write - enable

initially had this issue as well. The stick had no manufacturer under SPD and my PC was reporting 24gigs instead of 32.

To resolve i changed the SPD write option in the BIOS to enable and since then touch wood no issues at all

Comment

Originally posted by adamr View Post
      initially had this issue as well. The stick had no manufacturer under SPD and my PC was reporting 24gigs instead of 32.

To resolve i changed the SPD write option in the BIOS to enable and since then touch wood no issues at all
      Where's the SPD write option , which the mainboard u have ? i don't see SPD function in my MSI b350 bios . I'm about to hate this mainboard , many issues for RAM .

Comment

Comment

Try the latest BIOS to see if it works better.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/supp...html#down-bios

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            Try the latest BIOS to see if it works better.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/supp...html#down-bios
            I got this issue after update bios to 1.3 , then i flash back to 1.2 , but nothing change .
            I think one of my ram modules got damaged , it's time to RMA and also change mainboard , MSI's bios xmp killed my latest tridentz , and today new one same .

Comment

Update : Im totally finish Windows Memory Diagnostic , and not found any error . Flash bios to 1.3 , fresh uninstall tridentz controller old version then install new one ,and now i can control rgb led properly .
              But cpu-z and bios still can't read manufacturer , it's a small issue but i'm a perfectionist , anyone can explain it ? should i use RMA ?

Comment

Yeah, please do RMA.

www.gskill.com/en/rma for the online RMA request form.

Comment

Working...
                X