Ripjaws V RAM 3200mhz boot issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws V RAM 3200mhz boot issues

I just built my computer a couple of days ago, and whenever I restart I get no video, and sometimes 3 long beeps. I looked up what they mean for MSI boards and it seems to be related to RAM. To make a long story short, I narrowed it down to the XMP causing problems so I disabled it.

It seemed to do the trick, I was able to restart with no problems, but just a couple hours later I had to restart to finish uninstalling a program. It happend again no video, and 3 long beeps. I tried booting with one stick of RAM, it booted, I clicked reset to test it and it happend again. I have no idea what to do. I've ran memtest, and no errors came up.

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Are the modules installed in the same color slots furthest away from the CPU?

With XMP enabled, try a lower frequency like 3000 to see if it works better.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Do you have the latest BIOS?

Are the modules installed in the same color slots furthest away from the CPU?

With XMP enabled, try a lower frequency like 3000 to see if it works better.

Tried that. No luck, even at stock speeds it does this.

Comment

Latest BIOS?

You can send the memory in for RMA to see if a replacement works better.

Comment

Yup, latest bios. I updated that as soon as i installed windows.

I might have to RMA, but, i'd rather try a couple of other things first. Is there anything else i can try? Maybe reflashing the bios would work.

Comment

Test modules individually to see if the problem occurs with a single stick

Comment

Working...
            X