No announcement yet.

manual config question f3-14900cl9d-8gbsr + sabertooth p67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think i'll just leave well enough alone. I think maybe to get 4.7 would require a bit of fine tuning and probably a few BSOD in the process putting my HDD data at risk...sure its backed up but I would rather not have to install an image anytime soon

its just too much fussing around to get what another 4%? assuming I get 4.7 out of it. I would go for it if I could get another 10% but that would require an OC of like 5100

I think Im good

Thanks again for all your help!

Gskill ram is awesome im a fan now!!

Comment

Can always kick it up later, big thing is your happy with your speed demon as it is....and there's always ways to speed it up further, i.e. an SSD for the OS and primary apps (cut boot time down to 15 sec or so, open MS word in an eyeblink, or better yet a pair of SSDs in RAID 0..........keep smiling

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey Tman!

I ran into a bit of stability issues with my main CPU oc. I ended up having to run high LLC and +0.015 offset I tested this with stock ram numbers and it ran prime 95 for 12 hrs no issues. I then re entered the ram OC @ 2133 , 10,11,10,28, 1 with 1.55v dram voltage and Vccio of 1.1 and retested prime 95 and got a stopped worker at 1 hr

What do you recommend

Thanks

Comment

Maybe take VCCIO up 1.12 to 1.14

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tman!

I boosted VCCIO from 1.10000 to like 1.118 (although real time indicator showed voltage near 1.12) That ran Prime stable for 9 hrs then I got 2 stopped workers so moved VCCIO up one more notch with real time voltage indicator now showing between 1.13 and 1.14. I'll try this out today and see if Its stable.

Is there a faster way to check for stability than prime 95? What about using intel burn test is that any good?

Comment

Can try it and see, if it passes that, but then still has problems that occur when using system normally then may want to stay with Prime when trying new settings to check

Tman

Comment

I got it to run 10x passes of IBT on standard , high, and maximum 0 issues and run stable 12 hrs prime 95 with 0 issues.

I think Im set.. again. Let me get the settings and I'll paste them here.

Thanks

-Gun

Comment

Glad to hear it's sounding good, we'll be looking for you settings, I'm sure it will help others.

Tman

Comment

frequency 2133
                    10,11,10,28,1t
                    dram V 1.550
                    VCCIO: 1.11875 (this is the voltage entered into the field real time voltage shows between 1.12 and 1.13)

Comment

Thanx for the info and glad all is well, don't be a stranger

Tman

Comment

one thing im chasing is this this computer wont wake up from sleep mode. Its always been that way from day 1. It has nothing to do with OCs.

When I enter sleep mode it will wake up within about 30 min but any longer than that it shuts back down after attempting to wake.

Im running out of leads if you know anything that might help that would be great.

MS has a hotfix for this but It wont install it just says update is not applicable to your computer and it wont install. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2410477

Thanks

-Gun

Comment

That could be a lot of things, of the most common I've run into, you could check your GPUs driver and make sure it's current or if a beta available, try it..........another would be the sleep timers aren't in sync, to turn them off, go to Control Panel, power Options, select your option, go to advanced click on the Sleep + sign, then on the ALLOW WAKE TIMERS + sign and under settings, change to disabled..........another possible would be go into BIOS and disable PLL Overvoltage.......give those a try, pref 1 at a time and see if any fix it....and let me know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X